• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

Oil Flicking Into The Airbox

djinuk

on my 1.4 xs i am finding a problem i am having where oil is flicking up the pipe which comes of the top of the rocker cover, and into the air box, therefore im guessing it is actually getting to the airfilter aswell as the carb which cant be a good thing,, whats the best way of solving this problem, ive looked into putting on of the small breather filters on top of the rocker cover, aswell as changing to a uprated air filter that sits on top of the carb like a pipercross or likewise but im unsure of how well these work because at the moment the engine is running spot on and i dont really want to disturb it unless there is a significant performance increase achievable. Could a oil catch tank do the job, if so how do i go about plumbing this into the car ? . advice appreciated

Jrod

I thought this is how it's supposed to work, it burns the oil in the engine so no nasty oil gets dumped into the atmosphere.

djinuk

ah rite, i just presumed that oil going down into my carb would cause running problems,

rescue dude

Clean out ALL the breather pipes and it should stop this happening.

Jrod
Clean out ALL the breather pipes and it should stop this happening.

What other breather pipes are there?

Mikey S

have you got the splash plate under the rocker cover installed? it should only be a mist of oil not droplets.

djinuk

yup splash plate it all there , its not like a really bad thing, i just thought it cant be doing it any good

Guest martyn_mcg

yeah i get this too, i dont belive it to be a problem, i think a bit of oil in your carb will just keep your butterfly valves lubed up if anything!

Sign in to follow this