• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205johnnyxsi

Hello Bloody 205 :/

205johnnyxsi

hello ill say thanks before, got a little 1.1 205 right slight problem i think its my automatic choke sticking i can be in 3 4 5th even off revs it just sits and keeps going at 30 odd,when on tick over it revs then back down revs back down if you understand what i mean , any more information just ask me i would like to no how to fix this problem thanks johnny

Richie-Van-GTi

you have one of 2 issues here, either you have an airleak on the intake which will cause your exact issues or it is over fueling , most likely auto choke as you said. Get a local mot place to stick it on the emmisions analyser, if its the choke it will show up straight away. Im not 100% sure how it works on the 205's with carbs, possibly a bimetallic strip somewhere on the top of the carb, if it is then a good clean with carb cleaner may resolve it, if not then try manually opening the contacts and see if it improves. If it does then gently bending them so they are not quite touching with a warm engine should solve the issue. just dont open them too far or it wont close up again when cold. gentle trial and error should solve it.

Guest frenchy205tt

yes johnny is also doesnt help when u spend the whole night cruising thru town turning it on and off to make it pop and bang lol

205johnnyxsi

i no i cause the problem josh haha , i worked out what it was well what i thought, anyways your helping me 2mora stripping the arb down and cleaning it haha, plus its common on the 1.1`s thanks richard if it hasnt done anything ill be back on 2mora thanks johnny

205johnnyxsi

hello just brought carb cleaner gave it a blast still no joy only taken the air box and sprayed from the top which is the best way to strip it i anit to good on carbs , another thing can someone show me what a auto matic show is or explame what to look at need to no asap if theres any chance thanks johnny

Mikey S

there not an automatic choke on tu 205's. i would see if the throttle is returning to its stop, same with the choke as the levers are crap.

205johnnyxsi

its a 1993 ? thought there would of been, u on about my butterfly plate not shutting, but what i cant understand is that the revs will stick blip on the trottle there will raise and fall like the timeings slipped pretty hard to explain that bit if u get me its not running rough still all the power and so but like i dont understand could you please explain come easy option that i can check for myself see what causeing it thanks pugger

Mikey S
its a 1993 ? thought there would of been, u on about my butterfly plate not shutting, but what i cant understand is that the revs will stick blip on the trottle there will raise and fall like the timeings slipped pretty hard to explain that bit if u get me its not running rough still all the power and so but like i dont understand could you please explain come easy option that i can check for myself see what causeing it thanks pugger

if its a 93 its on single point injection, it does help if you had said that in your first post! :unsure:

anyway, its more likely to be the stepper motor at fault, it sounds like its not returning the throttle to the closed postion properly. you maybe able to remove it and give it a clean with some carb cleaner.its on the other end of the throttle spindle.

there is a way you can test them with a multimeter but i dont have the readings at hand at the minute. i can get them for you on monday if thats any help?

205johnnyxsi

i said to my mate it could be a single point but we wasnt sure , well 2mora im going to strip the whole carb down and clean it, but then again i drove it earlie morning and home just a minute ago and it seam hell loads better just seams to be ticking over fast and dont has that annoying rev drop and pick up, but going for a drive later and see how it does ill keep you posted, bring on the 1.9 init atleast ill have half a chance on what im kind of on about haha thanks :lol: johnny

Sign in to follow this