• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
coombsfh

Installed New Rods And Quickshift...

coombsfh

As above, installed all rods with clips, managed to get quickshift on and all lined up.

That was fine BUT...

I have a BE1 MI16 box and the gear lever has a certain lean backwards to it...not too much of a problem BUT there is still a discernable wobble in the gear stick. Is this because the bracket bolt is not tight?

I looked to tighten the bracket that the quickshift attaches to and it had a round headed bolt(by manufacture no by abuse) and a square nut. It was also made harder to access by the heat shield.

What could be the problem?

Any advice much apreciated

Fred

bren_1.3

is it the stick that wobbles? or the bracket it attaches to? if theres play at the bottom of the stick, then try popping a washer in-between.

davev
I looked to tighten the bracket that the quickshift attaches to and it had a round headed bolt(by manufacture no by abuse) and a square nut. It was also made harder to access by the heat shield.

What could be the problem?

Any advice much apreciated

Fred

are you on about the l shape bracket? if so it should be a cap on the top of the bolt that just pops off.

chris1986

you can get the bushes form dealer, don't cost much i had this problem and it turned out to be them that had worn

Mike Walker
you can get the bushes form dealer, don't cost much i had this problem and it turned out to be them that had worn

Sorry to butt in, what are these bushes called?

Sign in to follow this