• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
swordfish210

Oil Cooler

swordfish210

i'v got an oil cooler sat in my garage that was originaly from a 1.9 GTI but has spent the last year on a TU3.2 engine (uk spec rallye) and i was just wondering, has anyone else fitted this cooler to their TU engine and is it worthwhile, bearing in mind the car is mainly used on the road but i do every possible track event that i can. Thanks

Sandy

Probably not. I've run TU engines in various states of tune and various states of anger, never seen the oil get too hot ( I use a pretty accurate SPA gauge). over cooling the oil can be a problem however with an oil cooler fitted, more liekly to cause damage. A water-oil heat exchanger is the best compromise IMO, it warms the oil up faster and stabilises its temperature.

swordfish210

mmmmm sounds expensive, i guess i'll just flog the cooler than and make back the money of the rust treater i just used on it :D

welshpug

far from expensive, every TD engine used one, as do most 2.0 XU's and some later 205/309 gti's.

Though it may be a faff trying to sort out some hoses to suit.

Jrod

What type is it?

Might be intrested in having it.

swordfish210

just a standard one from a 1.9 GTI, i'll send you some pics as soon as it's out of the rust treater

pug_ham

What about getting one from a TU engine like the one fitted in the 106 GTi / S2 Rallye?

GRaham.

christopher

These come as standard on the TU24 too

Sign in to follow this