• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
RAF_gti

Bumper Differences

RAF_gti

Howdy

After a quick scan on websites most replacement bumpers seem to be listed as after 1990, my model is a 1989. Can anybody tell me the difference between the two years and possibly provide pics?

There doesn't seem a great deal of difference to me but as I've only been around here for a week I havn't quite figured out all the subtle changes yet!

Steve

GLPoomobile

I believe the only difference will be in colour. I.e. up to 1990 they are grey and after that they are black.

welshpug

just the colour. no physical differences whatsoever.

RAF_gti
just the colour. no physical differences whatsoever.

That's what I like to hear :)

At least I can now save a fortune and not have to order from Peugeot, Neat Autos do them a lot cheaper and they are still OE (apparently)

Steve

pug_ham

The Neat auto's bumpers are indeed very good quality but last thing I heard the ones from GSF were a lot better & nearer oe quality as well.

Graham.

RAF_gti
The Neat auto's bumpers are indeed very good quality but last thing I heard the ones from GSF were a lot better & nearer oe quality as well.

Graham.

Really?

Neat Auto's site state's that all parts are genuine. Or is it simply OE spec?

Either way, it has to be better than paying the dealer for all the parts I require!

jayblack-gti

Euro car parts sell them for £24 + VAT, ive just purchased one and its seems to be fairly good quality, apart from some holes that seemed to be rushed a bit in the making process. I might order another from GSF to compare the quality n send one back as ive not fitted it yet

jay

pug_ham
Neat Auto's site state's that all parts are genuine. Or is it simply OE spec?

Not sure tbh, its either genuine or from the oe suppliers.

Either way when put next to an old oe one its the same quality for lots less than Pug.

Graham.

Martin W

I tried several rear bumpers last year and the only one that was anywhere near a good fit was the one from neat autos and it didn't cost any more than the other equivilant after market bumbers.

Neat Autos ;)

steige

I tried to buy a phase 2 black bumper from GSF last week and they said they no longer stock them. Ended up going to Neat auto's. Excellent service on the phone, the guy was really sound. Its not arrived yet but i'll post an opinion once it does.

Ryan

I've had problems with delivery times from Neat Autos before. The guy on the phone promises that the parts are sitting there waiting to go out, but then they don't turn up for 3 weeks.

Having said that the parts have always been worth waiting for as the quality has always been very good. I'd certainly use them again, but I'd be wary of ordering parts that you need in a hurry.

Edited by Ryan

GLPoomobile

it may not be netirely their fault. the courier company they use are pitiful!

RAF_gti

Sounds like a medium sized thumbs up for Neat Autos :blush:

Look I shall be using them to get my replacement parts from.

Can't wait til the pug is looking good as new :D

Steve

GLPoomobile

I forgot to mention, I ordered a new water pump from Neat a few weeks back and it arrived the following day. I don't think it was the same courier that they have used in the past.

Typical great service on the phone too!

(only gripe was that the price was a fair bit higher than the website was showing)

pug_ham
(only gripe was that the price was a fair bit higher than the website was showing)
You should have argued it then, if they have a price advertised, they legally have to sell you the item at that price. I did this when I bought some plain side badges from them a few years ago & got them for about half the price they wanted to charge me.

They ordered them in & rang me when they had arrived (I was working at Heathrow so collection was easy) they told me the price at the same time & I questioned it. Took a printout of the webpage along with me & they dropped the price to what the website said.

Graham.

Rob_the_Sparky
it may not be netirely their fault. the courier company they use are pitiful!

Although that is their fault, they could use another one!

BamBamGTI

I have had numerous problems with rear bumpers, I have an '89 with grey trim (1.5), GSF cant match the colour of the original grey and only supply a dark grey which doesnt match. I also tried AutoFive - same problem too dark!

Apparently the supplier now has changed the plastic colour to a 'hybrid' between black and grey... I guess to save money Even tried Peugeot out of desperation - they dont even supply the official peugeot parts anymore (same dark grey) I finally got one second hand off ebay...

Martin W
I have had numerous problems with rear bumpers, I have an '89 with grey trim (1.5), GSF cant match the colour of the original grey and only supply a dark grey which doesnt match. I also tried AutoFive - same problem too dark!

Apparently the supplier now has changed the plastic colour to a 'hybrid' between black and grey... I guess to save money Even tried Peugeot out of desperation - they dont even supply the official peugeot parts anymore (same dark grey) I finally got one second hand off ebay...

I bought a rear bumber from Neat Autos, mine is also a 89' F reg. The quality was much better than both GSF and Autofive (which also were a very poor fit and a terrible attempt at mounting plastic!). My existing bumbers had been treated throughout the cars life so were not faded grey and the Neat Autos bumber was more or less the same colour. A few coats of Autoglym's bumber care cured the colour problem.

I'd go for Neat Auto's plastic trim everytime now.

Leon
You should have argued it then, if they have a price advertised, they legally have to sell you the item at that price. I did this when I bought some plain side badges from them a few years ago & got them for about half the price they wanted to charge me.

They ordered them in & rang me when they had arrived (I was working at Heathrow so collection was easy) they told me the price at the same time & I questioned it. Took a printout of the webpage along with me & they dropped the price to what the website said.

Graham.

Unfortunatly for consumers, companies do not have to axtually honour things like this - although many will do so as a gesture of goodwill.

Of course, deliverate misrepresentation is not allowed but people are human and make mistakes.

Prices advertised on websites, shops and so on are called "An invitation to treat" (in contractual terms) meaning that it is you who want to buy, not the shop who wants to sell. They are inviting you to make an offer of the advertised price (or any other offer you may consider appropriate!)

Prices merely indicate the price the shop would like to receive for the goods. If you attempt to purchase the item at a given price (and it has been mispriced in error) the shop may refuse to sell you the item. They are not obliged to sell it to you. They should however, remove the items from sale and remove any adverts at this price so they can investigate the problem. This often happens with things like holidays - an advert is placed at £199 per person, however these sell out within an hour and the operator raises the price - or the holiday sells out. The travel agent can no longer sell at this price, but the advert is still in the window and somebody walks in and wants to buy that particular holiday. Of course as the item has been changed in price or is no longer available, the shop cannot sell at the advertised price. They don't have to either, but they are supposed to correct the advert within a reasonable time (I think it's 24 hours but cannot find any sources to back up my suspicions).

Er, sorry did I ramble on a bit there :D

Sign in to follow this