• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

futura

Referencing Peugeot Paintcodes Into One Place

griffo

Sadly the car I went to look at was actually patchy/faded Bermuda Blue, I was hoping it'd be the one that I've only seen once which was the colour featured on the 1996 205 options list for the UK, it's an odd blue/green mix that changes ever so slightly depending on the light.

Does sound like it is a metallic colour. There is also the Saxon Blue (Bleu de Saxe) (M0PJ)... but I think I would money on Genesis Blue :-)

dawning

Its says fvn - grey for the xs wheels. Tried a search but not found any other references unfortunatly.

welshpug

It may be a colour you could get from Peugeot directly.

Daviewonder

Does anyone know the paint code for 106 GTI Raptors please?

forbeslongden

M0NW was the blue I was thinking of that was only used in AM 96 cars.

keeperlit

Well I know this pops up a lot of times on a number of different forums, but having looked at a lot of resources available both hardcopy and on the web, I thought I'd try and put up a hopefully definitive 205 paint listing.

Initially this was only for GTi's and suchlike which is pretty easy, but I decided to go the whole hog with all 205s... bigger than Ben Hur.

Anyhoo, I have thrown up an initial page at http://205gti.info/paint/ as a starting point for discussion and very happy to get corrections/feedback. There are still gaps on some 'English' names of colours and some question marks on some codes.

A few questions come to mind.

1. I am attempting to obtain the change-over 'vintages' of the different coding - 4 numeric->3 numeric->3 alpha->4 alpha. I have contradictory information from two resources. Any thoughts?

2. The paint type descriptions were a literal translation from the French.

I think the correct interpretation might be:

P0 - Regular 'lacquer' - eg: Acrylic?

P3 - P0 + clear coat

M0 - Regular metallic

M1 - M0 + clear coat or some other aspect

M4 - Pearlescent

Although the Sorrento Green cars I have information on come up as having M0 paint type and not M4.

I have also included a vintage matrix of the colours used on the GTis which is relatively straightforward, so I thought I would do the same for the same for the Cabrio... CTi, CT, CJ and Cabriolet... not so easy.

cabrio_colours.png

There a quite a few unknowns and questions I have which may be able to be answered by the owners out there:
1. There are two Scarlet Reds (Rouge Ecarlate), P0KG and P0KR, which appear to have changed with AM90 model for the CTi. Was this the same for the CT/CJ?
2. Was Pagoda Red (Rouge Plaisir) actually used on the CTi? The references differ.
3. Azur M1PE vs Azure M1MC blue. There is some confusion about which blue was used on what year.
4. 'Haze Blue' was mentioned in the 'Sporting Peugeot 205s' book, yet the UK colour brochures don't mention this.
5. Was the Roland Garros model available for the AM92 and AM93 vintage?
6. Was Platinum Silver (Gris Quartz) P0YC used on the CTi?
7. Was Graphite Grey (Gris Graphite) M1TW used on the CT/CJ after AM88?
8. Were the colours used for the AM86 cabrios the same as the AM87 models?
9. Was Black (Noir) P0XY available for the last year of the CTi (AM94)?
Anyone with a Phase 1.5/2 cabriolet can always submit their VIN at http://205gti.info/vin" to provide further 'hard' data.
Thanks in anticipation :)
griffo

@griffo you are a legend! I just looked up my VIN and found out my car actually left the factory black, and has somehow changed to miami blue along the way. Solves a long standing mystery, thanks!

forbeslongden

Turns out the colour 205 that I'd never seen before wasn't Genesis Blue in the end as I've just bought one of those, striking as the colour is, it isn't as eye catching as the one I saw on eBay in 2015, it was a 1996 P car and I'm kicking myself that I didn't buy it as it was either scrapped or exported soon after the auction.

The Quasar 405 is the closest colour to it, if not the exact match.... Does anyone know why Peugeot bothered introducing colours to the base model range so late in the life cycle, I'd guess at tester colours for lead in cars like 306 and 106?

post-23672-0-31554500-1484088321_thumb.jpg

wicked

Nice info on here...

Do you happen to know the color code or name of that Quasar 405? My mate has a CTI painted in a 405 T16 color, which looks like that color, but we can't find the code.

Edited by wicked

forbeslongden

From what I can gather it's called Aquamarine Green.

katmav

Any ideas on Sorrento green?

welshpug

in what respect??

Braymond

Can anyone tell me if Peugeot Onyx black (EXY) is the same as Citreon Onyx black (also EXY)

Thanks!

welshpug

no idea, but probably the same as CITROËN

camgti

Theres also Mayerling Green for the 205.