• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

futura

Referencing Peugeot Paintcodes Into One Place

impne

I have a F reg wite Gti I believe what people call a ph1.5

It looks to be a bit of an off white?

It looks to never have been painted but there isn't a code on te engine bay

Any idea what the most likely colour shade it will be

I was going to put a pic up but it never looks the same on a pic as in life

• Like 1

welshpug

I've only ever seen Alpine white, however if you need paint its always best to get it matched.

impne

Issue I have is the car is all original paint, you can always tell when a car as been painted so I wanted an unpainted mint bonnet from another car to just swap over

I'm going to see one tomorrow to see what it's like.

Wife just bought brand new car, someone went into the rear with only 300 miles on it, dealer painted it and it looks dreadful. taking it back, this is what I want to avoid if possible

Taylor_kid

Sorry to Hijack the post but can anyone tell me what the darkest Metallic Grey is or the lightest Black is (that sounds daft I know). I am pulling my hair out trying to work out what colour my car is.

So far I've tried

P3XY - Embassy Black (too dark)

M0TA - Steel Grey (too Light)

M0TW - Graphite Grey (too light - much the same as Steel Grey)

I would definitely call the car Grey - I'm just trying to do a few touch ups and all i seem to have done is painted the same part 3 wrong colours!

Tartan Bloke seems to have the closest colour I can see to my car, he's already suggested Onyx Black P3XY??

Any help would be great.

Thanks guys.

Euan

*note I've also tried contacting Evans Halford Peugeot in Edinburgh to get the code from my Vin, however they told me that the car is now too old to get paint codes from the ViN - if anyone has any other ways the code is VF3 20CD6201400777

Edited by Taylor_kid

Wes

i also need help with mine. i have a phase 2 white gti, is this alpine? there is no code under the bonnet. the old halfords can i've found in the garage looks way off.

welshpug

yup, on only ever been alpine.

bianca is a later pug colour, 306/405/106.

Bananasplitz

I've found the car the paint code Topaz blue, peugeot don't do touch up or spray , the tailgate has been attacked either with the wrong colour of topaz or the 23 year old body is badly faded can anyone advise if this is likely or where I could get the correct paint from or recommend a body shop in Scotland that could do the fix for me.

toonyngarissvenra

Hi,

I found the paint code on my 1985 205 1.6 GTI. I tend to believe its painted in Futura Grey, but I'm not exactly sure. The code is quite unreadable and nor via Google, nor in the extensive coulour list in this topic I'm able to hunt down the exact digits. I've literally tried any numerical combination.

This is the car.

IMG_7327.jpg

And this is the paint code.

k6UOovC.jpg

oVk9DTI.jpg

You could use MakeUp.Pho.to to try and make something more of it...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Warm regards,

Toönyn Gårissvenra

Edited by toonyngarissvenra

YImkin

Slightly different question (I hope) - does anybody know the paint code for the red trim strips on a phase 2 GTi?

I've read the thread, but if it has been covered previously I've missed it, sorry!

stufarri

Perhaps an odd question but does anyone know the paint codes for the PTS stripes please?

Someone I know is painting a Sunbeam back to original rally colours.

will1991

Slightly different question (I hope) - does anybody know the paint code for the red trim strips on a phase 2 GTi?

I've read the thread, but if it has been covered previously I've missed it, sorry!

I've been told Cherry Red's a very close match, if not the same. Haven't done a side by side to compare though.

jord294

Does anyone know the correct colour for a slam panel (mine's a '92 Miami if that makes any difference).

I've had a look in the list and can't work out which 'beige' I should go for?

Thanks.

holy thread revival

samjones

Did they ever do a purple 205 gti from original?

griffo

Well I know this pops up a lot of times on a number of different forums, but having looked at a lot of resources available both hardcopy and on the web, I thought I'd try and put up a hopefully definitive 205 paint listing.

Initially this was only for GTi's and suchlike which is pretty easy, but I decided to go the whole hog with all 205s... bigger than Ben Hur.

Anyhoo, I have thrown up an initial page at http://205gti.info/paint/ as a starting point for discussion and very happy to get corrections/feedback. There are still gaps on some 'English' names of colours and some question marks on some codes.

A few questions come to mind.

1. I am attempting to obtain the change-over 'vintages' of the different coding - 4 numeric->3 numeric->3 alpha->4 alpha. I have contradictory information from two resources. Any thoughts?

2. The paint type descriptions were a literal translation from the French.

I think the correct interpretation might be:

P0 - Regular 'lacquer' - eg: Acrylic?

P3 - P0 + clear coat

M0 - Regular metallic

M1 - M0 + clear coat or some other aspect

M4 - Pearlescent

Although the Sorrento Green cars I have information on come up as having M0 paint type and not M4.

I have also included a vintage matrix of the colours used on the GTis which is relatively straightforward, so I thought I would do the same for the same for the Cabrio... CTi, CT, CJ and Cabriolet... not so easy.

cabrio_colours.png

There a quite a few unknowns and questions I have which may be able to be answered by the owners out there:

1. There are two Scarlet Reds (Rouge Ecarlate), P0KG and P0KR, which appear to have changed with AM90 model for the CTi. Was this the same for the CT/CJ?

2. Was Pagoda Red (Rouge Plaisir) actually used on the CTi? The references differ.

3. Azur M1PE vs Azure M1MC blue. There is some confusion about which blue was used on what year.

4. 'Haze Blue' was mentioned in the 'Sporting Peugeot 205s' book, yet the UK colour brochures don't mention this.

5. Was the Roland Garros model available for the AM92 and AM93 vintage?

6. Was Platinum Silver (Gris Quartz) P0YC used on the CTi?

7. Was Graphite Grey (Gris Graphite) M1TW used on the CT/CJ after AM88?

8. Were the colours used for the AM86 cabrios the same as the AM87 models?

9. Was Black (Noir) P0XY available for the last year of the CTi (AM94)?

Anyone with a Phase 1.5/2 cabriolet can always submit their VIN at http://205gti.info/vin" to provide further 'hard' data.

Thanks in anticipation :)

griffo

• Like 1

tdr_1976

Hello,

Has anyone got the paint code for the Silver used on the XS wheels?

I'm getting the original wheels soda blasted this weekend, and wanted to try and match the paint as closely as possible.

Cheers :)

• Like 1

forbeslongden

Is anyone up on their late 205 colours? There's a particular colour that I think was only used on extremely late cars on N/P plate it isn't the turquoise blue nor the petrol blue colour, I think this colour may have been used if not similar to the 405 Quasar model used in 1996, anybody else ever seen a 205 in this colour?

(Vague, I know)

dawning

tdr, I have exactly the same question, need to get my xs steels painted as well. I could try and get it colour matched to the original paint but its probably a bit faded.

welshpug

Is anyone up on their late 205 colours? There's a particular colour that I think was only used on extremely late cars on N/P plate it isn't the turquoise blue nor the petrol blue colour, I think this colour may have been used if not similar to the 405 Quasar model used in 1996, anybody else ever seen a 205 in this colour?

(Vague, I know)

a picture will help.

welshpug

try these

post-8656-0-93872200-1471609160_thumb.png

• Like 1

forbeslongden

I can't even seem to find one on Google at all...

griffo

(Vague, I know)

Well from some the information I have on 96,97 vintage 205s there is at least Bermuda Blue (P3SD) and Genesis Blue (M0NW). Beyond those years there is also Dragoon Blue (P0NP/P04Q) and Sigma Blue (M0NQ/M04Q). Obviously whether it is a metallic paint or not narrows it down. There may be other blues lurking out there.

forbeslongden

Sadly the car I went to look at was actually patchy/faded Bermuda Blue, I was hoping it'd be the one that I've only seen once which was the colour featured on the 1996 205 options list for the UK, it's an odd blue/green mix that changes ever so slightly depending on the light.

post-23672-0-93726400-1471778429.jpg

forbeslongden

I didn't think Bianca was ever used on a 205, just that the shade of Alpine varied.

My late one is Bianca, I guess it was just base models.

post-23672-0-65161600-1471780264_thumb.png

griffo

Bianca White (Blanc Banquise) (P0WP) replaced Alpine White (Blanc Meije) (P0WT) for 205s, including the GTi, during the AM93 vintage and remained the only white for the final AM94 vintage of the GTi and for regular 205s onwards.

• Like 1