• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dommorton

Cage Lagging

dommorton

Been looking in builders merchants and Wickes for some lagging for my OMP cage.

Can't seem to find any with a large enough bore though. Biggest seems to be 22mm.

Can I get pipe lagging which fits? or do I have to buy pukka cage lagging from Tweeks or similar?

Richie-Van-GTi

try pipeline centre (part of plumb centre chain). They carry pipes in excess of cage tubing so should do lagging for it.

dommorton

I'll try and find one ta.

Does anyone know for sure if there is lagging available with a bigger bore than 22mm?

CTI STU
I'll try and find one ta.

Does anyone know for sure if there is lagging available with a bigger bore than 22mm?

Go in to any plumbing shop and ask for 28mm lagging

you can get lagging in 15mm 22mm and 28mm

Im sure even B&Q do 28mm now

dommorton

Got offered 28mm today and they said this is the largest available. However my bars are 40mm so I thought it'd be a bad fit?

The proper stuff is a rip off IMO at £10 a 3ft length! (no reflection on Xsport as it's the same price everywhere) Pipe lagging is almost identical but costs about £2 a length. However if I can't get any that fits I'll just have to bit the bullet I guess.

bren_1.3

it doesnt need to go right round the cage tubing, just over the top and sides. i used the smaller b'n'q lagging and that covers about 270 degress of the cage tubing and tightly cable tied it in place. not going to smack your head on the underside of the door bars are you? :)

dommorton

I guess you're right. Will get some 28mm and see how it goes :)

welshpug

you could always wrap 2 pieces opposing each other.

Sign in to follow this