• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
adrian_gti

Electrical Problem - No Electric After Trying To Start Car

adrian_gti

Hey Guys,

Car has been great apart from clutch slipping.. tonight I drove to my parents and parked up. I left the car for about 2 hours. When I tried to start the car it knocked off all the cars power.

I had to take the -ve terminal off and put it back on to get anything working but when I tried starting it knocked the power off again. After doing that about 15 times in the rain I worked out when trying to start it was making a loud click from the starter and that was knocking the power off.

I got the car home by jump starting it.

Anyone know what could be causing this and what I should check?

Thanks in advance <_<

Edited by adrian_gti

welshpug

it'll be a low battery, causing the solenoid to move then it stops leaving the battery on and open circuit but not enough juice to crank.

hence why it started with a jump.

steve@cornwall
it'll be a low battery, causing the solenoid to move then it stops leaving the battery on and open circuit but not enough juice to crank.

hence why it started with a jump.

Try cleaning the battery terminals and clamping tightly, if you have the original pug negative terminal on the battery (with the "wing nut" clamp), replace with a "proper" clamp- works wonders.May need a good run afterwards to re-charge

adrian_gti

cheers for the replies guys. It was the battery :(

bosch silver syndrome. It's the 3rd one that has given up on me after only 7ish months of use. Will be taking it back for a refund. These batteries are useless.

Sign in to follow this