• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Kriss

Question About 106 Head

Kriss

Hey all. Im gonig to be picking up a 205 1.4i trio in a couple of weeks. The guy im buying it from also has a 106xsi head for it. I was wondering how hard this would be to fit and any problems i would have to over come.

bren_1.3

problems:

compression issues. 106 XSi pistons are domed so switching to flat pistons will lower compression.

do a search if you want to know what that will be. it has been mentioned a few times. not so sure about combustion chamber size either.

engine management switching from carb to injection. ive never seen a 1.4 injection 205??? so lots of wiring to do. (unless you decide to run carbs) in which case many deem the off the shelf manifolds for carbs designed for the 106 engine bay to be poor.

basically its not a straight fit and is quite an involved project. keep the cylinder head and source an alloy XS block and build that up properly.

Kriss

it is an injection, single point.

bren_1.3
it is an injection, single point.

same difference. youll have to wire up another 3 injectors if your going to run the original XSi manifold. i doubt youll be keeping the single point injection will you? if your on about switching the head for performance gains then you wont use the single point injection. doubt the single point injection manifold would fit anyhow.

another thought if your going to carbs then youll have to weld up the injector holes on the XSi head.

have i put you off doing this yet?? ;)

Kriss

quite possibly. Will ask my lecturer for more info on wiring up injectors. Doubt i could be bothered to be honest

bren_1.3
quite possibly. Will ask my lecturer for more info on wiring up injectors. Doubt i could be bothered to be honest

the 106 XSi cylinder head is a top piece of kit, well worthy of a project engine build with an ally Xs block with the 106 XSi pistons/ running something like a KMS setup on a custom inlet manifold. add a bit of tidy up port work and its a screamer.

its just not a slap on and go jobbie thats all.

stu_woac

dont ever weld up the injector holes on a tu multi point head as you may decide to use them at a latter date all you need is to tap a small thread in and use a srew cap,

Sandy

Araldite and plain plugs works fine and is easier to reverse.

Rippthrough
Araldite and plain plugs works fine and is easier to reverse.

Or just leave the original injectors in?

Sandy

Indeed, looks untidy though!

Alastairh

Don't the 1400 xsi heads have bigger valves, compared to the lesser 1400s?

Can't remember that clearly from the days of my old xsi.

Sandy

Yes, and different inlet port and flange design

bren_1.3

very similair to the TU24 cylinder head flanges. i wonder if an inlet from one would fit.....shall have to try that out.

there's also the problem with running a seperate pump as the cam has no fuel pump drive.

stu_woac

I thought the 1.4i had the gti pump in the tank??? so theres no problem there

Rippthrough

The single point pumps are only rated at 1 bar though, you'll need the 3 bar pump to switch to multipoint

Sign in to follow this