• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
inferno

Turbo Gurus Needed!

inferno

I thought id be clever and visit garrets tech site, and now im just confused! i Have a standard 406/xm/xantia TB25 and it has 48 stamped on the compressor housing and 64 on the turbine housing. also has M37 stamped on the turbine housing.

The T3 im planning to use has 42 on the compressor and 36 on the turbine. this time has m27 stamped on the compressor.

i was hoping to find out from these numbers the boost rev ranges of both turbos on the 2litre low compression version engine. from looking at the turbos its obvious the standard one is tiny. the larger one was on a cvh engine though, so surely shouldnt have to high a rev range as the engines rip the followers apart if reved over 6k for long periods.

ive got a tubular manifold to replace the log, but now wondering if i should fit the standard turbo to it. im looking to get as much power as i can with a standard engine.

Sign in to follow this