• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Ahl

Wheel Bearing Information

Ahl

NON-ABS 205 Base Models, 1.6 GTI, 1.8/1.9 Diesel etc, basically anything that isn't a 1.9 GTI:

(For ABS versions of these cars - same as for 1.9 GTI ABS)

Kit: (with 1x bearing, circlip, hubnut)

Front:

SKF VKBA882

DELPHI WBK368

MGA KR3002

SNR R15914

Q&H QWB487

BRT BRT901

Unbranded KIT362

Rear:

SKF VKBA961

DELPHI WBK388

MGA KR3006

SNR R15919

Q&H QWB503L

BRT BRT666

Bearings themselves:

Front:

SKF 446762B

Unbranded IR8055

Rear:

SKF 445539CC

205 1.9 GTI:

Kit: (with 1x bearing, circlip, hubnut)

Front:

SKF VKBA915 (both ABS & NON-ABS)

Rear:

SKF VKBA1405 - non ABS

SKF VKBA1475 - with ABS

BRT BRT1219 - with ABS

Bearings themselves:

Front:

No numbers as yet

Rear:

SKF 446595AB - non ABS

The 309 seems to follow a slightly different pattern, with base models having the same front bearings as the 205 base models. The 309 1.6 and above (including diesels) appear to use the 205 1.9 GTI front wheel bearing.

309s with rear drums appear to use the 205 base model rear wheel bearing and 309s with discs appear to use the 205 1.9GTI rear wheel bearing. Im not sure about 309s with ABS.

I can't guarantee the information above, but it should be pretty accurate. Please list any further part numbers you discover and i'll add them in.

• Like 2

welshpug

though I'd add the Pug part numbers for refference,

3350 17 HUB BEARING

- CARBURETTOR

- DIESEL

- INJECTION EXCEPT XU9JA

- EXCEPT WITH ABS BRAKES

3350 16 HUB BEARING

INJECTION XU9JA

- WITH ABS BRAKES

incidentally 405's and XU 306's use the same bearing as the 1.9 205 :lol:

• Like 1

Capn. Pugwash

I don't suppose anyone knows the physical dimensions of these bearings do they? I'm trying to work out if there is a bearing that would allow the fitment of a 1.9 hub into a 1.6 hub carrier. My 1.9 has slogged out balljoint mounts and I have several good 1.6 hub assemblies but no 1.9 ones!

I have a 1.6 GTI bearing here and it measures 35mm internal diameter, 72mm outside diameter and 33mm wide. Anyone got the size of a 1.9 bearing?

welshpug

82mm o/d I know, can't remember the rest offhand, have a look at the motaquipe ecat though.

gavbrum

Any links to buy the 1.9 GTI non ABS ones online?

Looked but can't find any UK sellers.

Cheers,

Gav

amusingadam

Anyone used these off eBay 261056214420 in need of a rear for my 1.9 best local factors can offer is. 69+vat ????

tartanbloke

£69+vat is reasonable for a rear wheel bearing.

Buy cheap, pay twice.

amusingadam

It's from pug five had a few bits off them that have been good

Ryan

CarParts4Less do SNR branded ones for £61.20 inc VAT.

amusingadam

The ones on eBay are £51 delivered

Ryan

I'd ask the seller what brand they are before buying.

welshpug

Specifically what brand is stamped on them, I fitted a disc rear hub on a 205 last week in a random motorfactor branded box, (can't remember which brand, supplied by the customer) It was stamped SKF.

It was quite a damn tight fit! came with the nut, but no grease cap.

rallyeash

I need to order a pair of front 1.9 bearings for my 205 as i'll be getting my bridgecraft camber'd hubs this week.

anyone used the ECP ones?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SNR-Front-Wheel-Bearing-PEUGEOT-205-1-4-1-6-CJ-1-9-GTI-1-9-DIESEL-83-98-/231086222839?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3A205&hash=item35cdcfedf7

jimmi

I'm having difficulty sourcing SKF or SNR rear hubs/bearings for a 1.9 gti ( non-abs ). Anyone tried rear bearings manufactured by FAG or Febi/Bilstein ? Just wondering how good quality they are and if they'll fall apart like the cheap BOLK branded ones I bought last year ?

Tom Fenton

I'd give Febi Bilstein a try. Everything I've used from them has been decent.

• Like 1

farmer

Am sure Firstline one's had SNR on them when I asked an ebayer the stamp on them

allanallen

First line are often SNR bearings, BRT are often SKF although recently I've had a few fronts that have said 'Korea' on then, they seem decent quality though and seem to be lasting on various cars.

welshpug

i've fitted a few Premier packaged bearings, the pug ones were SNR, the landrover wheelbearing I did last wek was Koyo - Japan.

jimmi

Thanks for the replies- I 've ordered a set from a local motor factors store -owner said same as some as the posts on here- tiz the luck of the draw which brand is in the packaging, at least I can inspect them before paying - if cheap crap made from some Tin mine in Ballygobackwards. I can refuse to buy.

jimmi

Collected new rear bearings today - Not SKF or SNR, but BRT Premier packaged bearings - manufactured by IRB Spain ( which is Timken bearings - so should be high quality ). £90 for both. If they fail at least Local MF will stand over replacement / 12 months warranty

jimmi

I'm looking for an assembly drawing or pics to make sure I'm fiiting the spacer disc the correct way round before sliding on new rear bearing/hub assembly ( ie: the big washer which goes onto stub pin before the hub ) - Am I correct in thinking that the bearing seal mates up against this disc /washer which has a ridge on one side ?

allanallen

Spot on, I've never had any problems with BRT boxed bearing whatever their manufacturer.

jimmi

Specifically what brand is stamped on them, I fitted a disc rear hub on a 205 last week in a random motorfactor branded box, (can't remember which brand, supplied by the customer) It was stamped SKF.

It was quite a damn tight fit! came with the nut, but no grease cap.

Welshpug - I'm in the middle of fitting Grp. N stub pins and new rear bubs/bearings - the new baering has a removable hard plastic disc/cover on the rear /around the rear rubber seal - I assume this is only a packaging / cover to protect the rubber seal in transit or do I fit the near hub with this plastic disc on the rear of the hub/bearing ?

allanallen

Sounds like packaging to me

Tom Fenton

Yep packaging, remove and discard, it's to stop the weight of the hub/bearing squashing the rubber seal whilst the bearing is sat on s shelf.