• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest wide_irish_205

Removing Dimma Wide Arch Kit?

Guest wide_irish_205

i bought a 205 1.8 diesel bout 6 months ago, my mate is sellin his 1.6 gti which is all round a nicer car!, was winderin is it possible to remove the kit on my 1.8 and put it onto the other car? it was all on it when i originally bought it! any help much appreciated, thanks! :D

Simmy

it has to be able to come off!! if it went on then it can come back off... only thing to consider though is what state it'll leave the diesel in :D

personally i'd leave the kit where it is :D

Guest wide_irish_205

d diesel interior is in rubbish condition. i bought it stripped out and just put a gti interior into it. its startin t rust t pieces! hasnt passed the NCT (irish MOT)either! i'l just scrap the diesel if i get it off

Edd-XS

well i suppose its worth a try! Is it an original dimma kit or just a dimma look-a-like? a dimma diesel! lol cant be too many of those about! ed

Gary

The spoiler,bumpers and front wings are bolted on,thats the easy bit.

The rear wings and side skirts are bonded on,so you might find it a bit dodgy to remove them without f*cking something.

Plus if the kit was put on properly in the first place,it would all have been sealed and smoothed in with the main body work,basically you will ruin the diesel and there will be a good chance of messing up the bonded parts.

If you know what your doing,you could always repair any messed up bits of bodykit before putting it on the gti.

hth

P.S Does it have split rims?

Guest wide_irish_205

na it has 17" Kahns, i'd post up a pic but i dont know how!

Guest PacMan

email it to me at craig.stainton@ntlworld.com and i'll post it.

Guest wide_irish_205

sorry, it is a genuine dimma kit, not a immitation, havent seen one other 205 in dublin wit a full dimma kit, never mind a diesel! sent the pics der a minute ago! thanks

Guest james205gti

Pac man, can you put them up pls. I wanna sneaky look <_<

Guest PacMan

Well i'll go check again, but if he did, i never noticed them!

Guest PacMan

ok, my mistake, the pics were emailed. NTL email server is playing havoc at the moment, anyway heres the pics, i'll let Gary break the news to you about whether its a genuine Dimma kit or not... <_<

post-14-1077337574_thumb.jpg

Guest PacMan

sorry for not resizing the pics... its 4.30am and i is getting tired... last one...

post-14-1077337904_thumb.jpg

Gary

You may have guessed by pacs reply,it aint no Dimma ;) .Looks like a T16/monte carlo kit.

EDIT:

, it is a genuine dimma kit, not a immitation

Who ever told you that,needs a slap <_< .

Edited by Gary

Guest wide_irish_205

woops! i was talkin t 'leet205'on msn an he broke d news! the lad i bought it off insisted it was a dimma :), i like d kit on it anyway! would you reckon it is east enough to remove? in one piece? all help much appreciated <_<

cheers,

andrew ;)

Guest Pugmasterful

F**king hell! That car's an absolute mess! Get it sprayed properly, for god's sake you cant use a paintbrush on cars!

Take the kit off, the person who owns that car is clearly mad.

Guest james205gti

Jeeez, That 205 is higher then mine!! <_<

eob

Unbelievable, that car was originally from Wexford, Bridgetown, just down the road from me! I was never all that impressed with it to be honest.

Guest PacMan

From looking at the photos, my opinion is you are wasting your time trying to remove it and refit it to another car. The kit itself is a poor example of a wide arch kit. You might want to consider buying a new kit for around £400-500 new and using that instead?

Guest wide_irish_205

yea d thing is pis*in me off alrit, mit jus sell her on and get a nice XS or sumthin and start modifyin it from scratch, cheers for all d advice and help

andrew

Guest PacMan

lol, well you missed out on mine as it sold today :D

Sign in to follow this