• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
RubenF

B2A Engine

RubenF

Hi Folks! So, im thinking about buying this XU engine that came out of a 405 , engine is a 1.6 XU engine but the code is B2A , i am thinking about buying this engine to be a future donator for my XU5JA D6B 1.6 engine. Are these engines the same in terms of block?

SRDT

The B2A is a XU52C engine, aside from pistons and cams it should be identical to a B6D "GTI" engine.

RubenF
10 minutes ago, DamirGTI said:

Sure! Pistons are quite diferent but the block itself, is it the same thing? But i will be using the same pistons that i have on my B6D. I heard somwhere around here that XU engines are pretty much the same, what changes is the pistons like you said, the crankshafts and the engine heads and camshafts. But the block itself without the sleeves, are they pretty much the same?

Edited by RubenF

RubenF
Just now, SRDT said:

The B2A is a XU52C engine, aside from pistons and cams it should be identical to a B6D "GTI" engine.

Exactly what i thougt , im thinking about buying this engine to stock some parts especially the block. Thank you for the tip!

welshpug

They will be close enough to use, some wont have the holes for the sliding tensioner of the earlier cars.

DamirGTI
12 minutes ago, RubenF said:

But the block itself without the sleeves, are they pretty much the same?

Yes !

Can even use "newer/later" ones from XU powered 306/406/Xantia/Partner 1.6/1.8 8v .. those are even better/stronger - more stiffening ribs on the block thus less likely to crack around the liner base or around the head bolt holes .

D

Edited by DamirGTI

DamirGTI

Scroll down and you'll see the difference ..

D

SRDT

The XU5JP/XU7JP block doesn't have the same part number but it looks close enough, the XU7JB with it's swirl head is using a XU7JP4 block an is clearly not a good match.

Early XU5 blocks also lacks the oil pressure sensor bung despite having the "right" part number.

DamirGTI
15 hours ago, SRDT said:

the XU7JB with it's swirl head

Interesting one .. did something similar on a GTI head along with the porting and valve seat mods .

b24f986e4ffd814d8c6ce403d2e2.jpeg