• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Vz_ace

205 Gti - 309 16V Instrument cluster (clock)

Vz_ace

Hello,

i have few quesitons about the theme mentioned in topic:

1. Is the tacho from 309 16V compatible with 205 gti's one? I mean if it will direct fit (harness....)?

2. which glue is the best for gluing the transparent plastic cover back on the clock? So if it would be needed to remove it again in the future, it wouldn't stick too hard

3. Are new transparent plastic clock covers available anywhere? Because there are few cracks on it after removal process....;)

regards,

Vlado

DamirGTI

1. Yes (90% sure , knowing someone who did that but it was long time ago)

2. Guessing you've broken the cover locking/securing tabs ? as it's not glued from the factory .. anyhow , in that case , i would rather just lightly "melt" the cover to the cluster in just a few corners with soldering iron to keep it on (can even use alu. wire mesh and cut a few strips and melt it into the corners of the joint on a few spots)

Glues are a bit hit and miss on "PP" plastic parts , 9 time out of 10 they will not make long lasting bond .. unless specific PP purpose glue (there's a few but mainly for industrial use) .

Thus i'd rather just "hot stamp" the corners of the joint on few places , afterwards if wanted to split apart again can always cut/split the joint with knife or dremel cutting disc .

3. No idea ! .. maybe @ Peugeot museum website , Youngtimerclassics , Serie04 and the likes ... or simply , browse some of the EU online scrapyards there's still 205/309 stuff on sale for not much $$ .

D

SRDT

1. The tach is fine, on a 309 the only Veglia unit that won't work is from the XU5M engine because this one is driven by the engine ECU.

3. The part number you're looking for is 6107-41. As for second hand if you don't want to pay GTI prices look for 309 units, the SR and GT trims even had "GTI" 6 instruments clusters but 4 instruments clusters are also fine for spare parts. The BX mk2 with Veglia clusters should also work I think.

You could also try to separate and adapt the clear part from a Jaeger cluster, even if it's not the same part number it can't be too far off if it must fit on the same place.

Vz_ace

Thanks guys for the hints&tips and codes.

In the meantime i have glued back the transparent glass wiht two-component epoxy. Just few drops on few spots. I think ot will be fine

cheers,

Vladimir,Slovenia