• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Arthur

Glued front windscreen

Arthur

Gents

Has anyone ever tried to just glue the windscreen on a 205 like modern cars have? I'm so fed up with the puddles of water inside my car that I'm thinking to just glue the bloody thing.

I have already glued/kitted the rear quarters shut because of the same issue. New door rubbers as well and still the car is wet on the inside. But nothing is wet accept for the floor.

Turns out it's still the front windscreen. Even after putting a new rubber in. After kitting this rubber to the car/steel side of the rubber (not the glass side) and after cleaning the rain-from- windscreen-rubber-transport-canal-to-wiper- area-or whatever-this is-called in-English gutter thingies.

It still somehow comes over the steel sandwich inside the rubber, to the inside and drips behind the dash. To then slowly fill the footrest area and in the end pile up in the rear footrest area. It takes weeks of rain, but it does add up to liters after a while.  At least in winter it's ice and I can easily remove it... 

soundguy

I have the same problem - I thought it was old panel sealant breaking up/cracking at the area at the drain on the outside edge of the scuttle panel, where water is supposed to drain away behind the wing. So I took the wing off and sealed at this area with a thinned down silicone sealant liquid, but I still get it coming in the passenger footwell. It must be something to do with the windscreen seal like you say.

I also cut the sound deadening out because it was permanently soaked and I was getting ice on the inside of the windscreen.

(rain-from- windscreen-rubber-transport-canal-to-wiper- area-or whatever-this is-called in-English gutter thingies = under the 'scuttle panel' maybe - the scuttle panel being the big black plastic panel at the wiper area, between windscreen and bonnet)

Leslie green

If you have a new rubber in it's unlikely  to be leaking there I suspect as said there is hidden  rust in the windscreen wiper motor area at the corners as said , It might be time to take the glovebox out for a look up in there ,it might need the dash out to see properly.

Arthur

Hmmm. I have the dash out and can clearly see it dripping in via the new rubber 

Edited by Arthur

Leslie green
3 hours ago, Arthur said:

Hmmm. I have the dash out and can clearly see it dripping in via the new rubber 

that's unusual , where did you get the rubber and was it definitely new  as the peugeot museum sells new ones now . You can't bond a 205 windscreen like a modern one as it doesn't have the shaded area around the glass to allow a good bond but you could use windscreen sealer in the glass groove to help seal it but it really shouldn't need it . 

Edited by Leslie green