• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Gohn

LUCAS / BOSCH INJECTION PUMP PULLEYS INTERCHANGEABLE ?

Gohn

In the process of swapping over from my little LUCAS Diesel Injection Pump to a BOSCH

Got my Bosch pump but it came without the pulley, errr

Obviously I already have a pump pulley on the Lucas, but are they interchangeable ?? I've heard both yes and no..

Both Lucas/Bosch pulleys have 42 teeth

The peug part catalog lists different pulley part numbers:

Bosch: XUD7 , XUD7TD, XUD9 Bosch - #193028

XUD9TD Bosch - #193029

Lucas: all XUD/TD same #193020

If anyone's done it back when you had a diesel and can confirm either way, that would be much appreciated

xstian

I'm not sure if they are interchangeable, but I may have a spare bosch pulley if you need one. 

• Like 1

Gohn

did a bit more looking

the different part numbers suggests they aren't interchangeable but its not conclusive

anyway, found a vid online by a guy that did a Lucas to Bosch changeover

and he actually compares the two pulleys but fails to mention which is which

I took a screenshot, the Bosch is on the right , its not larger just closer to the camera

thanks christian892795456_ScreenShot2023-03-28at3_04_15PM.thumb.png.0855b0845b0cc795378867d833255645.png I'll send you a message

Gohn

oh yeah, forgot - they are NOT interchangeable

the timing is slightly off one to the other

xstian

Hi Andrew,

The one I have is on the left and it defiantly came off a Bosch pump. I think you have them the wrong way round in the above photo. This is a link to a Bosch pump fitted with the same pulley as I have.

https://www.proxyparts.com/car-parts-stock/information/make/peugeot/model/306/part/mechanical-fuel-pump/partid/88930/

I hadn't noticed you where in Australia, but you are welcome to it. Do you know what code your pump is, some have smaller internals?

Edited by xstian

Gohn

yeah saw that pump in the link

I've two Lucas pulleys and both look like the one on the left, and same as in your link

so maybe you just can't tell from looking at them ?

u could post it to a UK address , is it from a XUD9TD or non turbo ?

xstian

It's from a turbo, I'll check this morning that it fits a bosch pump. 

Gohn

cheers xstian

but both pulleys will fit on either pump

both pulley keyways, centre taper and timing holes are the same

the lucas pulley is the one with the 6 round cutouts

also, the bosch pulley the outer face is recessed and the inner (closest to pump) is almost flush

xstian

Hi Andy,

I had a look this morning. I have both versions of the pulley and indeed you are right, although they look different they both have the same timing marks and key way location. Which one do you want? The Bosch pulley (on the right in your photo) is much lighter. 

Not that it makes any difference, but the 3 Bosch pumps I have here all the the pulley with the 6 round holes fitted and the only Lucas pump I have has the star type pulley fitted. 

Gohn

really !! its getting worse, I knew it'd be like this if the pump came without a pulley

the pulleys pictured above were both non-turbo. Lucas left, Bosch right

if you have pics of yours with exactly what pump Bosch/Lucas D/TD that may help

Gohn
9 hours ago, xstian said:

Which one do you want?

The one that's on the Bosch TurboD pump

thanks christian, I'll message the address

Jimarilo
On 3/28/2023 at 4:10 PM, xstian said:

Hi Andrew,

The one I have is on the left and it defiantly came off a Bosch pump. I think you have them the wrong way round in the above photo. This is a link to a Bosch pump fitted with the same pulley as I have.

https://www.proxyparts.com/car-parts-stock/information/make/peugeot/model/306/part/mechanical-fuel-pump/partid/88930/

I hadn't noticed you where in Australia, but you are welcome to it. Do you know what code your pump is, some have smaller internals?

Hi do you still have a spare pulley for a bosch diesel injector pump ??? I am looking for one to buy ........cheers

xstian
On 2/1/2024 at 10:38 AM, Jimarilo said:

Hi do you still have a spare pulley for a bosch diesel injector pump ??? I am looking for one to buy ........cheers

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I should still have it if you are interested.

Christian.

Jimarilo

Hi, thanks for your reply

Yes I am very interested ......

Just let me know what to do .......can private messaging be done on this site ?

Cheers

Paul

Jimarilo

Hi Christian, yes I am still interested

Still new here so can't message you directly

Richie-Van-GTi

Been a while since i messed with an XUD but from memory doesnt the bosch pump normally have a tag with a measured height of the internals which is used to time the pump at TDC? If it does then surely any pulley of correct size and tooth count could be used if it physically fits and be timed that way rather than pegged on place?

Jimarilo

Don't know,  the dial gauge I use for timing my 940 can't get into the hole for the dial gauge, as there is no room and I don't have the adapter 

The teeth on the bosch pulley are slightly out compared with the lucas pulley, which still runs ok, but the cold start take a few turns before it goes. The glow pugs are all good

Chris seems to have disappeared

xstian
3 hours ago, Jimarilo said:

Don't know,  the dial gauge I use for timing my 940 can't get into the hole for the dial gauge, as there is no room and I don't have the adapter 

The teeth on the bosch pulley are slightly out compared with the lucas pulley, which still runs ok, but the cold start take a few turns before it goes. The glow pugs are all good

Chris seems to have disappeared

Hi Paul,

Sorry totally forgot. It was kicking about the house for ages, but now I can't find it. I may have taken it back to work, I'll have a look this week. Sorry for the delay.

Christian.

Jimarilo

No worries Christian, am sure you have plenty of other more important things to think about ;-)