• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Nikosax

Drive shaft for be gearbox conversion

Nikosax

Hey im new here and im very happy!!!

I have Citroen ax with 16v engine and now I put it BE4r gearbox , I have a problem with right drive shaft because is very long , the gearbox and drive shaft ( xsara Picasso 2.0 )

what can I do?? I’m looking a few weeks….

welshpug

make it shorter or get someone to make it shorter!

really is that simple tbh,

petert

Keep in mind that both driveshafts have to be the same length. One the great breakthroughs of the 205 (and other PSA cars of the time) was the lack of torque steer.

welshpug

good point Peter, though I dont have the measurements to hand, a lot of the BE conversions in the saxo/106/ax   use a standard length left shaft froma  306/partner/xsara picasso etc, meaning he right hand shaft needs shortening significantly.

a Satchell engine and gearbox mount kit shifts the whole assembly to the left by 20mm, gaining clearance between the right hand CV and the chassis leg   (the BE RH CV is further from the diff than an MA)

never tried them but 1.6 205 shafts may work as the track width is identical   (or 1.9 if large spline BE flanges are used)

Nikosax
That is, there is no way to take the left axle from some car and put it on the right so that it sits?
just take the measurements and make a new one on top of the one already on the right of the picasso I have