• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugdamo

New sill

pugdamo

I've got a ropey looking section at the rear of my sill, I'm not sure how rusty it will bev once it's opened up, it's a result of someone having it badly and damaging the lip on the sill so I want a new panel rather than get it patched so I can get the lip looking right again. I just want to know the best place to get a decent sill, if I'm getting this done I only want it done once so I wanted to supply a sill so I know it's good. I've seen them in the Spoox website for about £120 but I don't know how good a quality they would be, any previous experience on where to buy from you guys/girls would be great. 

Thanks

Wallby

I had this done on mine recently, picked up a new sill for around £50 on eBay (looks like they have gone up to around £65 now!), and didn't have any complaints from the bodyshop.

They only did a partial change on mine, so cut the new sill for the bit they needed, I suppose if you was doing a whole new sill you'd want to ensure the best fit?

Telf

I had about a 1/4 of one of my sills replaced when i built the car. I figured don't disturb good metal so cut out the bad, repaired the inner and left as much of the original sill as possible. 

They appear on Ebay sometimes- or someone on here might have one- ask in the Wanted section?

Gohn

a couple of places have been mentioned in the past that do panels..

this place has sills -

https://www.steelpanels.co.uk/category/peugeot/205/

OR you could also try these possibles -

https://www.peugeot205.nl/

www.serie04.com also has panels

and the peugeot shop  https://www.boutique-laventure-association.com/en/26-205

pugdamo

Thanks for the replies, that was my intention to just replace the rear section of it, I didn't want to get into removing wings or any poor fitting. I'll look into all of the above. 

@Wallby being nosey but what did you pay for it? I assume you had fitting and paint done together. I'm trying to build a rough price, I'm happy to pay whatever it is as long as it's done right. 

Thanks again

DamirGTI

I've done a few ... both complete sill rep. and in section .

Used : Klokkerholm sills which seemed best :

https://www.klokkerholm.com/GB/Products.aspx

... used Klokkerholm body panels for rust/crash rep. some other cars too .

Fitment is pretty good , needs just slight re-correction ... for 205 specifically Klokkerholm sills are bang on the measure .

It's just the thickness of the sill , which is quite a bit thinner than the OE , dimensions , shape and fitment wise - good .

If you want just the section replaced , consider making it from sheet steel so it'll be from thicker metal (shouldn't be problem for skilled body man to roll up an sill section) .

Also , remember that what you see rotten from the outside is usually worse on the inside .. thus if not there in person - ask for pictures of the inner sill structure once the outside sill skin is cut/peeled off .

D

pugdamo

I want to buy a panel rather than get it made because it's been jacked on the sill lip at some point so I'd like the lip/drain pressing to look factory again, I know what your saying about the panel thickness, that was my main concern, I didn't want to buy a cheap sill and it's rotten in a few years. I know the guy doing it he used to work for an MG garage doing classic restorations (so he knows his way around a rusty car :D), he's now set up on his own and I have said what I'm after but as yet he's not given a price, I've said to him I don't want it done cheaply which is why I was trying to find out a ballpark price so I know he's charging me properly. Thanks for the advice.

Wallby

Mine was part of a lot of other work so I can't remember how much the sill accounted for exactly, but think it was around the £300 mark to cut out the rusty rear 1/4 of sill, fit new and paint.

pugdamo

@Wallby thankyou, it gives me an idea. I just want to make sure that mainly he's not going to do it cheap as a favour because I know him and rush it.