• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Rallyace

OMEX ECU Install

Rallyace

I am in the process of installing an OMEC 600 ECU onto my rally car. I will be doing away with the AFM. I understand that the standard AFM incorporates an air temperature sensor. Will I need to fit a replacement? How should the Supplementary Air Device be wired? Is it still required for cold starts, or will the ECU mange this in another way? Thanks

Gaz D

You’ll need a stand alone air temp

sensor. I wired my omex 600 but it was for a gti6 engine so not familiar with the sad outputs as gti6 has ICV and I didn’t need it anyway as I changed to throttle bodies. Speak to omex though as they are very good

Richie-Van-GTi

This should be in the aftermarket management forum but..

I have aftermarket ecu on my 8v gti, i have a gti6 air temp sensor mounted in the nozzle part of the standard air intake, i ditched the SAD and put an mi16 3 wire ICV in and that plumbed between the bottom of the plenum and a take off on the elbow near the throttle body. The afm has been replaced with a length of black silicon hose. I then took a T from the vac hose to the fuel pressure regulator and connected to a 306 8v map sensor (normally mounted to the wing of an early 306). 

Ignition uses a wasted spark coil and dual output ignition amplifier, using a resistor mod so i still have a working factory tacho. Bosch lsu 4.9 wideband taking care of emissions 

Edited by Richie-Van-GTi