• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

kostas205

EW10J4S mount kit

kostas205

Hello everyone,

I am planning on an EW10J4S engine swap to my 205. Based on the threads I've read regarding this conversion, 
it seems that most people only use the Satchell upper mount and not the whole mount kit, which I assume is because 
the latter has only been available for the past 2-3 years. 

However, I have some specific questions regarding the Satchell kit:

1) Will the EW10J4S exhaust manifold fit in the 205 exhaust tunnel without modifications?
2) Will the EW10J4S inlet manifold fit with the Peugeot 205 GTI radiator?

SRDT

I've read that the J4S exhaust manifold is too long and will interfere with the subframe and shift linkages. The guy saying that managed to fit it anyway but just like on the 206 RC he had to use a cable shifter.

welshpug
7 hours ago, kostas205 said:

Hello everyone,

I am planning on an EW10J4S engine swap to my 205. Based on the threads I've read regarding this conversion, 
it seems that most people only use the Satchell upper mount and not the whole mount kit, which I assume is because 
the latter has only been available for the past 2-3 years.

Specifically the full kit is not required to get the engine installed, the upper arm is the only part which is different,  the other 2 mountings are in the Same position as the 205-XU.

kostas205

Okay, I didn't know that. I was under the impression that some fabrication was required for the lower mount.

So, what about exhaust manifold clearance? Do I have to swap to a cable wire linkage?