• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Spesh

gti6 clutch options

Spesh

currently running a luk bx clutch in my gti6 conversion but I'm about to bump the power a bit with throttle bodies, 2.2 bottom end etc so am thinking I need to up the clutch a bit.

I want to stay with stock 215mm clutch and retain some driveablity as it does occasionally go on B road warrior trips on nicer days so a race type clutch is out.

The obvious choice seems to be the helix setup

https://www.peugeot-tuning-parts.co.uk/index.php?seo_path=peugeot-405-mi16-1.9-helix-paddle-clutch-kit

Is there a different/better/equal alternative?  BE3 box.

Thanks

welshpug

unless you are launching it on stickies I think you'll be fine with the standard clutch, I'm using a standard gti6 clutch on my 2.2 which is essentially the same friction plate as the 1.9 MI/BX16v.

I believe there is or was once an uprated valeo clutch with a higher clamping force but I have no idea where you'd find one,  the Helix is the other one that springs to mind but having driven a paddle clutch equipped car I really wouldnt have it in a road car, I'm sure there is a standard organic type available.

Edited by welshpug

petert

1.9L Mi16/BX16V is best. Just avoid big downshifts, without rev matching, as those straps don't like going backwards. They're otherwise fine for your application.