• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Nithy

1988 CTI 1.6 Heater Motor Access

Nithy

Mine is a 1988 205 CTI, 1.6.  The heater (cabin) is not working Fuses are fine. I was wondering how do you get access to it. I tried to get access from the passer side footwell, no sucess. (its a RHD car)

My heater controls are slide on controls and not the circular ones.

Any suggestions or anyone have any knowledge of this please?

Thanks

nithy

welshpug

Passenger footwell, three screws from underneath.

Nithy

I cannot seem to get the panels off, where are these bolted. I did take 3 screws holding to this panel, but it seems to be somehow stuck with the center consul for the gear stick etc...

Any ideas20230128_083212.jpg.153698ca391203d4d1f603f4dea74414.jpg

welshpug

No panels need removing, look under the dash to the left of the panel you marked

welshpug

You can even see the wires to the motor and resistor in your picture

20230128_083212.jpg.153698ca391203d4d1f603f4dea74414.jpg

Nithy

My heater blower was not working, so got it out and checked it works.

So as advised went to the resistor, took that out. Someone here is talking about a disk in this forum, I cannot find a disk is mine. 

My resistor looks the same, pic1image.png.a4c46c8c124aa86b9ae876862aecaeec.png This is how mine looks like... I cleanred the contacts.. no go.

Got spare one, from a spare car, which looksed a bit different PIC2

image.png.944269dec721cb37de4b5a35fa8b1fa0.png

Put this one in and the blower works. But its stuck in one setting(speed).    I dont know if its high or low since my 205 has the slide controls for the heat and the blower force.

So is that problem now at the switch panel if self?  My panel looks like this... 

image.png.98255875d439d099c5fd3539f3454ecd.pngimage.png.1351c47cd824158bc6f8589c07759559.png 

Has got 3 pins coming out on the top . Any one know which of two pins I should check for resistence to know if the switch is working or not? 

Have looked around and other than Ebay there seems to be no one who have these... the round controls seems to be available... 

Thanks

nithy

DamirGTI

I had the same problem on mine years ago when it was with the old Ph1 dash , it's heater control resistor/rheostat problem , carbon track wears out and when it does you get full fan speed only .

http://www.miamistu.co.uk/pug/GB/205F/6/64M01A.HTM

It's part No. : 6445 80

https://www.serie04.com/gb/heating-205/12909-climatiseur.html

https://peugeot-teile.com/Rheostat-zu-Peugeot-20

Apparently Peugeot still sells these , at around 100EU .. there seems to be 1 piece on stock from what i can see . Call your local PSA dealer and ask them .

If nothing , try to google via "6445 80 Peugeot" you might still find some old stock ... alternatively , i guess general purpose 12v potentiometer could be wired in it's place , in case you cannot find original item .. would need to talk about that with an auto electrician as an option .

I did have an pair of those which i've taken out at the scrapyards , but need to check/search ..

D

Edited by DamirGTI

Nithy

Thanks Fellas, Appreciate your feedback, let me go have a look.

Nithy

PUZZLE

Puzzled...

I removed the lower dash, and disconnected the control panel switch(slide control completly, so no Heating control rheostat ), switched the car on the blower goes at a constant speed. As same power as I have menntioned in the posts above..

so its getting power even without the control switch, is this normal???

welshpug

mope, not normal :lol:       rheostat is probably faulty anyway though, hence some bodgery, shouldn't be hard to find.

Nithy

Sorry I ment to say, the blower goes on, when I plug in th working resistor without the control switch being pluged in...

At full speed...

Normal?