• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ant

60 PSI on all 4 cylinders after installing new engine.

DamirGTI

If the valve clearances where set with the head on the bench , 99% they'll be off (when you bolt the head back onto the block) .

Only way to set them up properly is once the head is bolted to the block and all the head bolts are torqued down to the final stage , clearances always tighten (anywhere form -0.05mm up to -0.10mm) .

How to check/measure valve clearances :

http://www.205gti.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Chapter_02b_XU_engines.zip

After you've done with the above , id have a look on the ignition timing .. if it's over advanced or retarded , distributor should be set roughly around mid way point (if the engine is timed up properly cam-crank) .

D

Ant

Hello,

Many thanks for the replies..

We have a running 205 :)

I went out and purchased a new battery.

Fired first time.

Odd, because the old battery was fully charged and i tested the old battery on my Impreza, and it starts the Impreza straight away, even though its a smaller battery.. Hence i discounted the battery.

Purchased an 063 yesterday - tighted down the cam cover, and it fired first time !

But i will check the valvue clearances etc, as i'd already ordered a feeler gauage.

Touch wood, it will be on the road in the next few weeks :)

DamirGTI

Nice one ! B)

D