• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Fumanchu

205 GTI Interior questions

Fumanchu

I've managed to have a quick look around the interior to start to work out whats missing and need to be replaced and have a few questions: 

1. Did all GTI's have a red carpet? If so, where is the best place to get one from (new if possible)?

2. What trim is missing here, next to the rear seats?

2022-12-26-14-52-06.jpg

3. Where does the bonnet catch go? The previous owner has removed it and installed bonnet pins instead.

4. I thought all GTI gearsticks had the lift to get into reverse? This one hasnt - is that because its a 1.6 gearbox?

2022-12-26-14-54-11.jpg

5. Is there a bolt needed here on the drivers side seat runner?

2022-12-26-14-52-36.jpg

6. I assume blutack wasn't standard fit - can you buy replacement rear heated window also the rear tailgate loom?

2022-12-26_14.57.24.jpg

7. The boot carpet and parcel shelf have been messed around with and not repairable - Where can I get good replacements from?

Edited by Fumanchu

SRDT

It's red carpet unless you have the green Quartet interior, a GTI Griffe or one of the last GTI.

As for the gearstick the BE1 gearbox has the reverse lift but the later BE3 don't.

Leslie green

Bonnet catch goes on the slam panel there are early and late types and the cables are different , early uses a screw to clamp the cable later(phase2 ) just hooks on and the end is like an "S" shape steel  end. What year is your car ?

Edited by Leslie green

Gohn

2. its a single plastic piece moulded around the arch, black or grey model depending. the one pictured is Left side

1. I'd go with the carpet you have, the red's a bit much - but that's only my opinion

5. you should have a little pressed steel black bracket that bolts into the sill from the side with a captive nut that your torx head screw bolts thru the rail from above and a slot washer. this is with the seat slid full forward and tilted, you cant see the bracket in the pic

archmoulding.jpg

seatbolt.jpg