• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ScoobyJawa

Passenger side door seal

ScoobyJawa

Hi all

is there anywhere making replacement door seals? Footwell leak passenger side , not the heater matrix, and the seal looks rusted inside so it’s one of the things I want to change….

cheers

Neil

Anthony

If you haven't already, check that your leak isn't coming from the scuttle or inner wing seam, as both are becoming increasingly common - giveaway is a trickle down the corner of the footwell behind the bulkhead sound deadening.  If you pull the carpet up in that corner and feel behind the sound deadening, it should give you a clue, and also provides a chance to remove the under carpet felt until you resolve the leak (as it'll hold moisture against the floorpan and promote rust)

ScoobyJawa

Thanks Anthony.  Car is now in the garage until spring with a dehumidifier running to ensure dried out.

it looked like the door seal was wet halfway between the 2 door hinges, and once I’d got the pool of water out and the vax getting as much out of the carpet as possible, I lifted the carpet and the deadening underneath was actually essentially dry!

checked the headlining too and that was dry so not the sunroof and I redid all the drains a while back.

one of the jobs I had been meaning to do for ages too was the outer door scrapers I’d got from bakerbm as the existing ones were shocking and it’s those I went out to do when I discovered the puddle!

I will defo check out those places though, thanks for the tip :)

Edited by ScoobyJawa