• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
boldy205

Base maps

boldy205

Hi all.

I've currently got my 205 with a Rotrex charged Gti6 engine in for a stand alone ECU and wiring harness.

The chap who is making the harness is trying to find a base map. Anyone know of anything I might be able to use? 

I appreciate I may need to pay etc, just looking to see what's available.

Thanks!!

Matt

petert

I might be able to help. You didn't say what ecu. I have one for a Haltech E6X. It's in msec rather than VE, so you'd need to export the maps and transcribe the numbers. At least you'd get the shape correct. The ignition is map is very safe.

Edited by petert

boldy205

Hi Peter.

It's an ECU Masters Black. Just need something to run the car to check that the new look is all functioning as it should. Then obviously get it all set up on the rollers

What's the difference between msec and VE?

Thanks

Matt 

Edited by boldy205
Additional info

boldy205

Thanks for the link, helped explain things well.

The chap who is doing the loom has contacted ECU Masters, apparently they may well have a map, however the chap who can sort it is currently on holiday! Typical!

Fingers crossed he's back soon

welshpug

Is there not an actuator test function?

With my DTA there's  a coil driver and ignition driver test function, sets them pulsing for a given period  of time.

You dont need a map loaded to do this,

Edited by welshpug

boldy205

Yes, I'm sure there is. Just that the car had had a fair bit of electrical work done on it to fit the new ECU.

Due to this both myself and the guy doing the work would rather we could see it running prior to the RR session.

I've been in contact with ECU Masters and have finally found someone there who looks like he can help. 

petert

Do you think it's better or worse to be on alphaN compared to straight MAP for a supercharged engine?

boldy205

Hi Guys. Just a thought, does anyone have a map for a standard Gti6 engine? This would do to get it running. 

It would need to be for sequential ignition and fueling. I understand a lot of people convert to wasted spark, and therefore non sequential ignition when fitting aftermarket ECUs.

Cheers