• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Robbiedundy

Winter protection - underseal/sprayers

Robbiedundy

What's everyone's experience with tried and tested winter protection from salt etc?

So far on my new daily 306 dturbo I've taken all of the rust to bare metal, treated it then cleaned and painted it - plan then to spray lanoguard on the underbody/inside chassis rails etc using a paraffin sprayer and coat any other bits like suspension, subframe, maybe engine with acf50

Maybe next year after the winter when the 205 goes back on the road I'll restore the underneath of the 306 properly, make sure all of the seams are cleaned out best I can then get it seam sealed properly and raptor or stonechipped & painted would be alot easier to protect through the winter

20220825_165853.jpg

DamirGTI

Wouldn't like to repeat myself again as i've written about this subject a fair few times over here , thus i'll offer you link to read some of the older posts :

https://www.205gtidrivers.com/forums/topic/156899-body_work-205-19-gti-rust-repairs/

What ever you choose in the end , go for known good quality stuff : Dinitrol , Henkel/Teroson , Wurth , 3M and the likes .. cheap products often crack after a while , flake off , cover surface poorly and are harder to work with than quality stuff .

If the above thread doesn't cover something specifically let me know and we'll discus further about the subject .

D

• Like 1