• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

David Simson

Standard exhaust system

David Simson

Hi,

I have recently bought a 1.9 205 GTI.

It is in very good condition but has been modified away from factory spec and I want to get it back to factory spec.

The exhaust system is very loud and I hate it. 

Can anyone please tell me where I can get a standard exhaust system for a 1.9?

It is a late model, 1989, G plate. Phase 1.5.

Thanks

Leslie green

When I was looking recently on likes of auto doc there didn't seem to be much everything was out of stock for them. 

DamirGTI

Aftermarket systems are still available/on stock , at least from where i'm buying spare parts ...

There's Bosal and MTS variants (MTS is Italian made exhaust systems ..) , for both early sleeve type and later flange/olive system too ..

Myself , i have MTS system on mine (middle and rear silencer) for around 3 years now , no complains , seems good quality (welds , silencers , pipe bends ..) and sounds good too it's decently quiet when driving normal , yet still a bit more raspy when you floor it but not as near as "big bore/free flow sport system" .

Bosal has 2 quality levels ... one (the best) for OE supply for factory fitment on new cars , and another for aftermarket sale @ car parts stores  .. aftermarket "grade" Bosal systems tends to be bit more louder sounding and made out of thinner material (pipes and silencers) , also from my personal experience tends to rust/blow holes in silencers faster .

Walker systems are out of stock for quite a while now ... you might bump into some every now and then (lost & found old stock) but it'll be 1 or maxi 2 items on stock for a 205 .

D

David Simson

DamirGTI,

Fantastic information. 

Much appreciated. 

Thanks,

David