• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Brenda

Stop/Start system intermittent

Brenda

Why is my start/stop system on my 2020 205 GTi working intermittently   The garage tell me this is normal as I am not always doing regular very long drives.  Is this correct?

Leslie green

It could be,  there are quite a few things that decide if stop/start works or not at any given time like temperature and battery charge and how many starts have occurred recently .

welshpug

Entirely normal yes, the battery has to be in optimum  condition,  engine fully warmed  up, and with a diesel engine  even more conditions to be met

Brenda

Thanks to both of you for your replies.  Guess I will just to have to realise it is a rather intermittent benefit and just appreciate it when it works.  

pugdamo

If you can get access to a decent diagnostic reader, look for SOC (state of charge) I can't say for definite what Peugeot is but with Renault anything under 80% and the stop start won't work, I use this as a ballpark for most brands.