• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
shonkers

Door moulding clips

shonkers

Hi guys, Iv’e had a search through old threads on fitting the door moulding to figure out how to reattach mine, it was taken off a few years ago for respray and iv’e lost or the clips broke so i bought these but i can’t see how they attach, on one post farmer said these metal ones go on the bottom row of rivets and black or white ones on the top row , can anyone explain exactly how they go please, i even tried fitting them on the inside of the moulding but does’nt seem to line up cant work it out

DDECF9BE-3A54-4505-A381-544EB6D75153.jpeg

Wallby

I re-fitted mine last week and had 1 left on the car as a reference, but I can understand your pain!

These fit on the bottom row of rivets, with the middle hole just being pushed on, so that the bit sticking up on the right of your photo is pointing outwards. The bottom of the moulding then has a flap that slides up into that clip.

The top is then held on with some other dark grey plastic clips that slide over the top row of rivets in the gaps in the moulding behind the red trim.

Hope this helps, not an easy process to describe!

shonkers

Thank you wallby that does help so much, in my fumbling i did have the clip in the position you describe but could’nt see how the flap fits and i did’nt have the other plastic clips, but once i get those i’m sure i’ll crack it cheers again

shonkers

Right the door moulding is on and attached with the metal clips on the bottom row of rivets and the oblong plastic clips on the top row, but i’m now stuck on fixing the red trim on iv’e tried just pushing it on but that’s a no go, do i have to attach clips to the trim first then slide the clips in? which i can’t do because not all the rivets are in the centre of the cutouts on the moulding strip so some clips slide in from the left and some from the right, please help 

Leslie green

Following as I will need to do this too and mine were already off when I got the car 

shonkers

Hi guys, iv’e sussed it to fix the oblong (new ones are white old ones are black) plastic block clips on as farmer states on a thread i came across you have to slide them on to the rivets making sure they’re the right way up, now the red insert has a slightly bigger channel at the bottom so if the clips are the wrong way up the red insert wont slide on, and they can only go one way so you can’t put them on back to front, then to attach the red trim insert you have to slide them on a squirt of silicone spray helps.                         In the photo the clips are upside down can you see the two tangs at the bottom well they have to be at the top, that’s how i did it but you have to slide it on very carefully and slowly sometimes i had to use a small screwdriver or my nail to help line up the lugs at the top and bottom of the clips, have a loose  clip in your hand and practise sliding the clip into the red insert to see which way round it goes. There’s always more than one way to skin a cat so you could possibly slide all of the clips into the red insert then slide each clip one at a time onto the rivet using a screwdriver to slide it on while you apply bit of pressure    on the red insert, the bumpers are easy compared to that 

96EA402D-6E36-415F-9A36-484B31E352C8.png

• Like 1

Wallby

When I re-fitted mine recently the trim clips were already on the red trim, and it wasn't very difficult to do, so probably easier to slide all the clips on to the trim first.