• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

dst

'87 GTI 1.6 - I wanted a regular 205 but failed

SRDT

You can lower the seat if you get rid of the tilting mechanism.

DamirGTI
8 hours ago, dst said:

What a car, even in 95% standard form.

Severely addictive piece of machinery ! .. myself i also cannot get enough of it since i bought it .

205 Rallye 1.3 (euro version) is even better than the GTi's 1.6 or 1.9 as an "fun factor" , it's perfect weekend toy .. however , personally , i wouldn't want one as an daily drive , for that the GTi version is better .

D

SRDT

On the 1.3 the "Rallye" sticker on the back isn't just for show. The engine in particular screams homologation special.

DamirGTI

Indeed ! it is an special engine , had privilege to work on one (full rebuild and some head work , ports on the head are really interesting) .

Wile driving it , immediate notice is lightness of the car overall but mostly up front , so much so that the GTi feels at least 20% heavier on the front .

Combination of light chassis , light and rev happy engine , and short gear ratios makes it feel faster than the GTi ! driving experience is for real , better in Rallye , it's not always about the high "Hp" figures .

D

Edited by DamirGTI

dst

I haven't quite caught up to present day on the episodes, but here are at least the ones already out, before the back-catalog grows too much:

• Like 3

DamirGTI

Wow ! really good videos , liking the artistic touch - "mechanics meets art" B)

D

• Like 1

dst

Coming up on present day, the lastest episode features some additional spotlights and more failed components:

• Like 1

dst

Made it - it's done. Might revisit the engine sometime, and the camber.

• Like 2

dst

Keeping this somewhat updated as I publish the episodes from my recent trip to Scotland - including the mounting of a Front Runner roof rack!

• Like 2

dst

Off to Scotland we went!

• Like 2