• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

lagonda

CTi best roof, also metal parts availability

lagonda

Been meaning to get the roof replaced on my CTi, but Brexit, covid, and retirement of the guy I had lined up to do the job have fouled things up.

Latest plan is to get it replaced during my return trip to the UK, by Pipers in Sparkford, who made an excellent new tonneau cover for my LG6 in better material,, and at a lower price, than the previous one made 25 years before.

They've asked me to check the condition of the metal parts attaching the hood at the rear, and indeed, they're rusty. Can anyone recommend a supplier/remanufacturer?

The frame that carries the front part of the hood, ie the part that attaches to the screen header rail, is also very rusty ... does anyone have a good secondhand one?

I've decided to use an alternative to vinyl. That means mohair, or "Alpaga Sonnenland". The latter is much more expensive ... can anyone comment on whether it's worth the extra expense?

wicked

It sure is worth the extra expense!

Maybe you should consider buying the parts/material in Europe, since you are located in France. 

The roof spanners can be bought in the Netherlands: http://www.peugeot205.nl/427990086/product/3509875/rear-hoodspannerset-cti-cj-cabriolet?catid=748445

The guy is also a lot of contacts in France, so maybe you can buy them local (less shipping costs). 

I bought my roof in Germany: Verdeck.de

Note that they are one of the few companies that have headliner in other colors. Mine in black :

360.jpg