• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Stayclassysam

Hi again guys, so after a fair few busy months I finally got round to doing the gasket on the 205 XUD7. The only thing I’m confused about is the old gasket had a cutout and a small clip of some sort where as the new one does not. I have added pictures, does the clip thing need to be reinstalled with the new gasket if there is no real place for it to sit? Thanks in advance guys, enjoyed the process so far! (the bolt was just so I didn’t lose it)

FA31C382-0B33-4BE1-AB54-9B4E638DC49E.jpeg

SRDT

That hole is where the oil goes to the head, the old gasket had a cutout and this green extra gasket but on the new one it's the same blue silicone thing than for the coolant and oil return.

Stayclassysam
1 hour ago, SRDT said:

That hole is where the oil goes to the head, the old gasket had a cutout and this green extra gasket but on the new one it's the same blue silicone thing than for the coolant and oil return.

Awesome, so I need not to worry about that old green gasket anymore?

DamirGTI

Similar/same thing as on the TU head gaskets (which are notorious for external or internal oil leaks) , it's "Vitone" elastomer insert pressed in the soft composite head gasket to seal up the main oil supply gallery/channel as said above .

Gaskets with that rubber "Vitone" insert have tendency to leak (oil) , as the rubber insert deteriorates/cracks-breaks/shrinks/hardens etc. after years of engine use (low quality oil and excessive/long change intervals promote degrading too) ... solid gasket variants with just the "printed" sealing compound are better option if there's variant 1 and 2 ie. if you can choose between the two .

D

Gohn
12 hours ago, Stayclassysam said:

so I need not to worry about that old green gasket anymore?

no

your new gasket doesn't need it

(just in case you were still a bit unsure)