• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

pugfrank

Sloppy gear stick feeling

pugfrank

Hi all,

Just looking at the Baker BM kits to rectify sloppy gear change,  Dont suppose anyone can tell me which item numbers they are on service box please? 

Looking at getting 205 BRONZE GEARSTICK PIVOT BUSHES and 205 BRONZE L-LINKAGE PIVOT BUSH KIT plus GEARCHANGE RODS (3-ROD KIT)

Thanks in advance.

image.png.c8906a9a2d43fd33616955b53fb9d649.png

image.png.586d0b550be9868f83aba5751a45f1ba.png

Edited by pugfrank
incorrect mark up on image

pug_ham

The usual main cause for a sloppy gearstick imo is the subframe pivot (#9 in the graphic) being loose.

You've highlighted the correct bushses for the gearstick #7 but the L Linkage pivot bushes are item #18.

g

pugfrank
3 minutes ago, pug_ham said:

The usual main cause for a sloppy gearstick imo is the subframe pivot (#9 in the graphic) being loose.

You've highlighted the correct bushses for the gearstick #7 but the L Linkage pivot bushes are item #18.

g

Thanks G, Remarked image correct. 

Tom Fenton

Rather than ordering blind I'd have a good check round first.

Often it is the link rod ball joints worn out as well as the bell crank as Graham mentions. All small amounts of play but it all adds up.

pugfrank
6 hours ago, Tom Fenton said:

Rather than ordering blind I'd have a good check round first.

Often it is the link rod ball joints worn out as well as the bell crank as Graham mentions. All small amounts of play but it all adds up.

Thanks Tom,  Yes that was the idea to check all the areas to ensure I locate the wear and tear on the components and ensure im getting bits I need from Baker BM,  the 3no kits from Baker comes to circa £100.00