• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
RubenF

Wallbro 255 died

RubenF

Hi folks! So , i just fitted this brand new Wallbro 255 Fuel pump on my 1.6 GTI and it just died on me yesterday , it was ok for about 2 weeks but yesterday it just stopped working, eletric current makes it to the pump but the pump only does a bit of a click but wont pump fuel at all, i took it out of the tank and gave it a test and seems to be somehow clogged and does not pump at all.

I have read in another places that this pump can sometimes be a little problematic. Does anyone had any problems with those pumps? 

Edited by RubenF

welshpug

I had one fitted to my ZX a while back, did not last too long also.

replaced with an oem Bosch direct fit unit which flows more than enough fuel for high 200's bhp so I guessed it would be fine for my circa 240 and it has been.

I believe the pump body is the same as a later 205 gti pump, circa 180 LPH, personally I'd get a bosch direct fit unit, after that experience aI am particularly wary of any aftermarket walbro unit, even if thousands are used!

RubenF
4 hours ago, welshpug said:

I had one fitted to my ZX a while back, did not last too long also.

replaced with an oem Bosch direct fit unit which flows more than enough fuel for high 200's bhp so I guessed it would be fine for my circa 240 and it has been.

I believe the pump body is the same as a later 205 gti pump, circa 180 LPH, personally I'd get a bosch direct fit unit, after that experience aI am particularly wary of any aftermarket walbro unit, even if thousands are used!

Thats my case also , think im going to buy a Bosch OEM pump , reliable and makes the enough flow , bought the wallbro thinking about its better flow but turns out its not the most reliable option , i have read in another groups online and they all have pretty much the same complain!

Thanks for the recommendation!

welshpug

out of curiosity I just googled how to size fuel pumps for power, for 240 bhp a 90 lph flow is enough,  not that you should run a pump and injectors at full flow, but gives you an idea!

so standard 180 lph pump is just fine!

RubenF
2 hours ago, welshpug said:

out of curiosity I just googled how to size fuel pumps for power, for 240 bhp a 90 lph flow is enough,  not that you should run a pump and injectors at full flow, but gives you an idea!

so standard 180 lph pump is just fine!

Well , my engine its just a regular 1.6 , but with a omex 600 fitted on it! I think a OEM Bosch should do the trick , no more Wallbros... Thank you again for the info and for the google search , sure got me a better notion of what to use!

IMG-20210616-WA0004.jpg

petert

You probably had a Chinese Walbro. There's been plenty around.

• Thanks 1

PhilNW

Go Bosch OEM and fit and forget, the original has probably lasted 30 year which says something about Bosch pumps

RubenF
On 5/5/2022 at 7:21 AM, PhilNW said:

Go Bosch OEM and fit and forget, the original has probably lasted 30 year which says something about Bosch pumps

Indeed! Wallbros seem to be a bit unpredictable when it comes to reliabilty , just bought a Bosch OEM Pump!