• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rallyace

306 GTi6 throttle body

Rallyace

Thoughts and advice please. Is there any real benefit to fitting a 306 GTi6 throttle body to a 1900 8v engine?

dcc

Your question needs more supporting information.

Ecu?

Rallyace

Lightly modified cylinder head, currently running a Piper BP270 camshaft, raised compression, tubular exhaust manifold, lighweight flywheel, standard plenum and injection  and standard ECU at the moment. I have an OMEX 600 ECU and I have plans to fit a Cat Cams 4900366 fast road cam and remove the AFM.

joris_andriesse

I used twice an Alfa throttle body (can't remember the model, will try to find that again) icm with a spacer.
I used it icm with a, lightly modified, 2.0 cylinder head, mild road cam and Magnex exhaust manifold. Made a bit over 130 hp and 200nm torque (in very wide revs area), drove like a charm.

Edit: The throttle body I used was from an Alfa 164 2.0 (but I do remember more models had the same throttle body).
I had it icm 130hp engine ignition, which has a vacuum ... thingy... I used the vacuum from the brake servo line, that worked well. And had to make a little bracket for a diferent throttle cable location.

100_1136.jpg

100_1133.jpg

100_1141.jpg

Edited by joris_andriesse
  • Like 1

Richie-Van-GTi

I removed the gti6 throttle body from my set up, actually quite similar to yours for the simple reason its too big and throttle modulation suffered. It makes the throttle a bit too binary low down.

dcc

I have recently built a 100% engine and adapted the standard inlet to accept a gti6 throttle body. Running on omex, it made 133bhp, I can't remember the wheel figure but I can find out, it made mental torque through the whole rev range, and to drive - it is night and day difference. The owner said he will never be able to drive a standard car - without that mapped throttle body arrangement again. The gti6 throttle made incredible performance gains all throughout the rev range. 

By the sounds of it, the attention to detail in mapping is important for throttle response.

The owner has said he prefers to drive it than his 190bhp + 8v on jenveys.

Rallyace

Thanks everyone. That’s all helpful advice.