• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Mr Teflon

Tolman Engineering SS Exhaust / split downpipe

Mr Teflon

I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and hit 'buy it now' on one of Chris Tolman's exhaust systems. 

If you haven't seen it - he's effectively recreated the original split downpipe in stainless steel as part of the system.

https://tolmanengineering.co.uk/shop/Tolman-Engineering-Exhaust-p316613915

They fitted it at their Warwickshire workshop included in the price, which was nice.

It went on my late 1.9 with the later ecu/cat, so they had to extend the wiring to the lambda sensor, and the car had about half an hour with the K light coming on and off until the ecu figured out the engine wasn't being throttled by a s*it exhaust anymore - and then perfect running since. There is no cat on this system.

It's as good as you'd expect for the money, and has really transformed the mid/top end response way better than I could ever have hoped.

Is it worth it? 

For me - absolutely, for the downpipe alone and the whole system should last, which makes it easier to justify the man maths!

• Like 1

Leslie green
£1,436.40
  , I like stainless but it tends to be very thin and crack with age I found which is disappointing especially as factory stainless systems tend to last forever . I thought the milltek stainless one at £600 was expensive but this is on another level ! Its great they have copied the original though something milltek should have done .
Edited by Leslie green

Biggles

There is a tendency for aftermarket stainless exhausts to be thinner wall section because they can be.  Some places are more conservative - I had a system made for my pick-up in 2003 - direct copy of the OE system but in stainless (441 I think as it being shiny wasn't a consideration) and it's still going strong.

sp_en_ny

I might be wrong but I cant see them selling many more then the 1 at that price !