• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AnarkLLa

XU10J4RS igniton,ve, afr map help

AnarkLLa

I've got the 3 wire version and its a pain, i can't get it to work correctly, i bought two 2 wires iac valve (pwm) and i can get good result neither.. 

petert

I'm unsure about Speeduino, but normally you'd connect one wire to +12V, another as BAC Main, and the third as BAC Slave. It's still PWM. Start at a low frequency (eg 30Hz) and gradually increase.

AnarkLLa

Im currently using a 2 wire pwm valve, but with a stepper its wired like this :
My problem with the 2wire idle is that when i can't find the good compromise between to low value in HZ and to high, to high its not moving correctly, and too low it oscillate to much and is not stable.

image.thumb.png.29d492765c6d26b6eb7ca479a8888993.png

petert

Here's my settings for the 2 wire, but I'd go back to the 3 wire and use #7, #8 and +12V. Wires #1,2 and #13,14 are for four wire stepper idle motors. eg GM.

XU10J4 Idle Settings.png

AnarkLLa

There is a lot you can configure on your setting, that's incredible.
Im was not correct, my stepper is 4 wire stepper. But i don't think i will use stepper anymore, i would like to correctly configure my iac valve (pwm) it is this one

Photo 1 - Vanne de Ralenti pour Mercedes W126 C126 R107 rempl. 0001411625

AnarkLLa

But, i see in my settings i can set idleAdvance, is it okay to use only idle advance ? this iac valve a driving me crazy right now and i would like to get my car running so i can have some fun.. 

petert

Sure, I have a similar thing called Zero Throttle Maps for ignition and fuel. So when at zero % throttle, it locks on to fixed advance and fuel, so it doesn't wander around the table(s). Why not set the idle manually, then connect the IAC later?

AnarkLLa

I think i can do that :
as you can see i can set a condition for this fuel table to be on when tps is -5%

image.png.6e837d347939efad99c800dd57f9cd81.png

I know why i accepted the challenge of going with a programmable ecu, the possibilities are so cool.

I like the idea of this map working :

Does it really work, like, closed loop idle with timing ????? 

image.thumb.png.6ba61e0dfac7befd63e3066911d411e7.png

I can also use this map for the warmup

image.png.8131b117d07591f865fec3125253eff5.png

Edited by AnarkLLa

petert

If you add some cold advance and no IAC, it will probably be fine.

AnarkLLa
On 1/21/2022 at 9:56 AM, petert said:

If you add some cold advance and no IAC, it will probably be fine.

Today i tested the maps, it has never run that well, the idle is perfect, i've got my setting for req fuel so my AFR is stable at 13.0 which is my target AFR, with the VE @35

I have not tested the cold start yet with the cold advance but will do that tomorrow. The only problem is when the steering pump is at full load, sometime the engine stall.
I think i don't get the most out of the idle advance map, im idling at 10 and the engine is the happiest at 20,more it doesn't go up in rpm anymore, so it gave me a narrow workspace for idling up.

Next, i got my timing light wired, but not sure of the result.
I get a little white mark on the flywheel when i set 20 degree fixed timing, I will attach a picture of it :
My neighbour came to help me, he said it was not the mark i should see, don't know if he know the thing.. 

IMG_20220123_144708.thumb.jpg.f28dd71cea4caf53968b6ad98048d82f.jpg

Edited by AnarkLLa

AnarkLLa

Hi,

I finally got the car outside today, it was great i loved it.

I can't get the car to idle at 1000rpm with the idle advance when cold, but i will find something and try other settings.
The only problem i got is when I am at full throttle, the engine has no power, it felt like something was limiting it, almost like not enought fuel or a soft rev limiter (weird)
It the first road test and i got the VE autotune do its job, i've come up with a ve table which look like crap but i will work on it !

Without your help i think it would have taken a month before testing the car .... THANK YOU

Here is the VE table with the work of the autotune. Its seems like at 100kpa it is too rich.. Maybe be the req fuel is too high, but i would like to stay with this setting as i managed to get a good idle now.

image.png.181d6b45e7c469377996cbf5c95fa1db.png

Edited by AnarkLLa

Spesh

Interesting stuff, I'm almost there with a speeduino install on mine but will be running throttle bodies so will be on TPS/Alpha N.  Some good info here to get me up and running.

I'm curious about the trigger angle also, very little speeduino info in these engines but those that run MS or vems seem to run 114 or 114.5 in there, I asked only as there's alot of odd info out there.

AnarkLLa

Hi Spesh,

The speeduino program uses trigger angle ATDC not BTDC like MS, let us know about your project please ! 

Thank you

Spesh
On 1/27/2022 at 5:46 PM, AnarkLLa said:

Hi Spesh,

The speeduino program uses trigger angle ATDC not BTDC like MS, let us know about your project please ! 

Thank you

https://speeduino.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5062

Got a bit of a post going on the speedy forum, i should probably repost it here as its relevant

Spesh

Petert - would you have any alphaN maps kicking around as examples?

AnarkLLa
3 hours ago, Spesh said:

https://speeduino.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5062

Got a bit of a post going on the speedy forum, i should probably repost it here as its relevant

Your project is awesome, I wish I could do so many things ! Be proud of what you are doing, it is great ! Whats the paint on the Camshaft cover? It is looking cool.

petert
9 hours ago, Spesh said:

Petert - would you have any alphaN maps kicking around as examples?

sure, but start a new thread so you don't clog up this one.

Spesh
On 1/29/2022 at 3:37 PM, AnarkLLa said:

Your project is awesome, I wish I could do so many things ! Be proud of what you are doing, it is great ! Whats the paint on the Camshaft cover? It is looking cool.

VHT GSP201