• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Gerwyn

Gerwyn

Gerwyn

Hi , just joined .... again. 

Just bought my latest 205 project and to say it's a bit rough is an understatement. Lots of rust and engine stripped and no bolts to attach all ancillaries, going to be expensive job . Also any help would be appreciated as looking for floor pans.

Great club 

IMG-20220106-WA0003.jpg

PXL_20220113_153042660.jpg

PXL_20220113_153046593.jpg

Screenshot_20220106-090141~2.png

Gohn

holey moley

the peugeot shop lists different panel sections at different times

those aren't listed at the mo

you could send em an email : pr.classic@mpsa.com

thought maybe baker bm might have done them too but there's nothin on their site either

any 205's in breakers yards will probably have the same corrosion as yours anyway

it looks like a fair bit of fab work ahead, bite off a bit at a time

• Like 1

DamirGTI

Done far worse than that ! .. usually it look's the worst than it actually is .

Floor repairs are bit more easy as , doesn't need to be "perfect" as far as looks (pop the carpet over and say nobody about it) .. like the other external parts of the shell which need careful patching welding filling painting etc. .

Bits needed for patching that up can be made from scratch from sheet metal , or can find an donor 205 with good floor and cut the parts you need for the repair .

D

• Like 1

Tideee

Looks like a nice project that one......lightweight special :D

Good luck and defo in the right place on this forum for plenty of advice and knowledge from the many fantastic contributors :)

Edited by Tideee

SRDT

It's best to find a 205 to cut what you need but if you can't then the 309 is using the same floor pan pressing and some other bits here and there.

• Like 1

Gerwyn

Thanks for the advice guys, it's a one job at a time project. 

Gerwyn

Floor found, time to get cracking.

received_653854092352418.jpeg

received_913962395951353.jpeg

Leslie green

Great find , that looks just about the right size to cover all the rot :D Great to see cars like this being saved now 

Edited by Leslie green
  • Like 1

Wallby

Cwmbran??? That's where I am too, If you need a hand with anything give me a shout. I also have a few spare bits if you need anything

Gerwyn
On 4/4/2022 at 9:49 AM, Wallby said:

Cwmbran??? That's where I am too, If you need a hand with anything give me a shout. I also have a few spare bits if you need anything

Going to need loads of bits during the rebuild lol. Studs and bolts for the engine and gearbox. Where in Cwmbran are you?

Wallby

Im in Hollybush, you? There's a few 205s around here now!

Gerwyn
13 hours ago, Wallby said:

Im in Hollybush, you? There's a few 205s around here now!

In croesy. I seen one the other week down by the old Kwik save , a black 1.6.

Wallby

Ah ok. I've just got my black 1.9 out after being taken off the road for the winter

Gerwyn
On 4/8/2022 at 10:53 AM, Wallby said:

Ah ok. I've just got my black 1.9 out after being taken off the road for the winter

You'll have to bring it over so I can have a look at one all together.

Gerwyn

Work has commenced

PXL_20220416_162941347.jpg

• Like 1

Wallby

That seems like a lot of work ahead! Any reason why you've started with such a bad one? Sentimental value or anything?

I can bring mine over anytime, might be handy if you need to see how something fits etc

Leslie green

That's great you are cracking on with it , id have put a bar just above where the inner sill on left has been cut off as well from A to B pillar to stop any possible movement  . Are you trying to fit it in one piece ? id think with the seat brace off the floor  it would be quite flimsy and flexible  so could bend a bit to fit in through the boot without doing any real damage . Not sure how it would fit in otherwise without cutting it in half down the tunnel.

Edited by Leslie green

Gerwyn
On 4/22/2022 at 11:40 AM, Wallby said:

That seems like a lot of work ahead! Any reason why you've started with such a bad one? Sentimental value or anything?

I can bring mine over anytime, might be handy if you need to see how something fits etc

I bought on ebay and was worse than expected so had to go with it.

Gerwyn
19 hours ago, Leslie green said:

That's great you are cracking on with it , id have put a bar just above where the inner sill on left has been cut off as well from A to B pillar to stop any possible movement  . Are you trying to fit it in one piece ? id think with the seat brace off the floor  it would be quite flimsy and flexible  so could bend a bit to fit in through the boot without doing any real damage . Not sure how it would fit in otherwise without cutting it in half down the tunnel.

I did consider another brace as you said but think it might limit access . I'm hoping to fit in one piece including inner sills , the bracing is quite heavy gage so cannot twist diagonally or up or down...... FINGERS CROSSED

• Like 1

DamirGTI

Did something similar years ago ... but only left half of the floor and some random patches on the right side .

Be careful while welding the floor back in , as even with the bracing the panels will move/distort if welding too long , fast and/or at higher amperage .

Cooling the welds with wet rag/sponge helps .

Wish you all the best results with this project !

D

Gerwyn
10 hours ago, DamirGTI said:

Did something similar years ago ... but only left half of the floor and some random patches on the right side .

Be careful while welding the floor back in , as even with the bracing the panels will move/distort if welding too long , fast and/or at higher amperage .

Cooling the welds with wet rag/sponge helps .

Wish you all the best results with this project !

D

Much appreciated for the advice. Hopefully shouldn't have to much heat as only refilling the spot welds.

pugfrank

Great work, keep us posted on progress, always like to see other members projects and cars being saved. 

Gerwyn
12 hours ago, pugfrank said:

Great work, keep us posted on progress, always like to see other members projects and cars being saved. 

Cheers bud ,will do as long as it doesn't kill me in process lol.

Gerwyn

Surprising how much work involved

PXL_20220428_144856411.jpg

Gerwyn
On 4/25/2022 at 8:34 AM, Gerwyn said:

I did consider another brace as you said but think it might limit access . I'm hoping to fit in one piece including inner sills , the bracing is quite heavy gage so cannot twist diagonally or up or down...... FINGERS CROSSED

I did fit extra brace's...better be safe than sorry for the sake off twenty minutes.

• Like 1