• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

RobScott

Clarion Radio Code Required

RobScott

Hello all. 
I have just signed up and am brand new to this forum. 
I might ask a few stupid questions so please go easy on me!

I’m sure the answer is on here somewhere already but I have a Clarion Stereo which I have bench tested, it powers up ok but I don’t have a code for it.
Can anyone help me to decode it or let me know someone who can please?

I’m attaching a couple of photos which show the front panel and the sticker on the case which shows the serial number.

4A80A08B-F589-4215-8B80-2A4D57845729.jpeg

FECA76B6-F812-4AEC-92E3-0C5D8C79ACEB.jpeg

Deek

I've found the code for a couple of OE Clarion units by sequentially working through possibe codes. One took about 20 minutes to find, the other a couple of hours.  Someone may well have a less tedious method.

Got lucky with one taken from a scrapyard when I found the original white plastic credit card sized card with the code on behind the unit when I was taking it out.

RobScott

Thanks for the reply. 

Gohn

I just went thru the same but

the OE stereo units issued to the 205's in Australia were Eurovox

and they're way easier to use than the annoying aftermarket versions

its obvious but just check all over the stereo, sometimes owners write the code in black texta or something

also sometimes the little white card is stuffed inside the fold out owners manual (if you've still got it) so check all thru that

in my case

a local peugeot dealer got the security code by checking the Serial number of the unit on their system

apparently they can also cross check it with the VIN of the car it came out of

RobScott

Thanks for this I will try calling Peugeot and see if they can help.

RobScott

Thank you for this I will connect a battery up again and try it, will let you know if it works.

• Like 1

RobScott
On 1/5/2022 at 4:54 PM, Deek said:

I've found the code for a couple of OE Clarion units by sequentially working through possibe codes. One took about 20 minutes to find, the other a couple of hours.  Someone may well have a less tedious method.

Got lucky with one taken from a scrapyard when I found the original white plastic credit card sized card with the code on behind the unit when I was taking it out.

Hi, if I tried this method of entering possible  codes one by one what keys do you need to press to go through each code please? Can you just repeat pressing the keys 1,2,3,4,5 forever and as soon as the unit detects the correct 4 digit code it will accept it? 

Anthony

On 1/11/2022 at 10:52 AM, RobScott said:

Hi, if I tried this method of entering possible  codes one by one what keys do you need to press to go through each code please? Can you just repeat pressing the keys 1,2,3,4,5 forever and as soon as the unit detects the correct 4 digit code it will accept it? 

Basically, yes - start with 1111, clear the code by holding the "Band" button if it doesn't work, then try 1112, so on and so forth.  Can take a while if you're unlucky enough for your code to be in the 5000's but there's no lockout for too many incorrect codes :)

If you get stuck, pop the cover off the bottom of the unit and send me a picture showing the solder links on the PCB near to the microchip - I can decode it from that.

East_Hud

Is there a 12 digit code on another sticker somewhere? On the back of it probably starting with C************

East_Hud

Should have a barcode with it, if it’s there, can get the code.

RobScott
19 hours ago, East_Hud said:

Is there a 12 digit code on another sticker somewhere? On the back of it probably starting with C************

No unfortunately it’s gone the only sticker on it is the one on the photo. It has the part number and serial number but no barcode.

East_Hud

Ah ok, dealer only job then, unless you get lucky with the inputs!

Thijs_Rallye
On 1/11/2022 at 11:53 AM, RobScott said:

Hi I tried this but no luck unfortunately. 

I just came across this topic on fb. Might be worth looking into. Credits to Dan for posting this.

1643114987013.thumb.jpg.1d0b1b2914025460a83a5e8d42d035fe.jpg1643114986971.thumb.jpg.ce4e4e54bae82b718f0f9d72dce0f5b7.jpg

RobScott
8 hours ago, Thijs_Rallye said:

I just came across this topic on fb. Might be worth looking into. Credits to Dan for posting this.

1643114987013.thumb.jpg.1d0b1b2914025460a83a5e8d42d035fe.jpg1643114986971.thumb.jpg.ce4e4e54bae82b718f0f9d72dce0f5b7.jpg

Thanks again yes I will take a look at this.

Gohn

rob have you actually tried a peugeot dealer yet ?

dunno if they're local to you but Fish Bros are bloody nice

you've got the serial number, and probably even the vin

its a way easier option than rewiring a motherboard or whatever's on zuckerbergs datamine

Thijs_Rallye
5 hours ago, Gohn said:

rewiring a motherboard

It's just setting the code by connecting and disconnecting pads. Pretty similar how the PLIP module can be (re)configured.

I still have to find the first friendly dealer who actually wants to genuinely wants help with these old cars. They mostly even can't even be arsed to sell you parts because the car is too old and they don't want to search.

Maybe it's different in Ozzy or the UK.

RobScott
7 hours ago, Gohn said:

its a way easier option than rewiring a motherboard or whatever's on zuckerbergs datamine

Hi yes I gave my local dealer a call and they think they can provide the code from the serial number and will charge £26 for it. So this is the route I’m probably going to take. It is not the original unit for the car so the serial number and vin won’t match, I hope that’s not going to be a problem.

1 hour ago, Thijs_Rallye said:

It's just setting the code by connecting and disconnecting pads. Pretty similar how the PLIP module can be (re)configured.

I still have to find the first friendly dealer who actually wants to genuinely wants help with these old cars. They mostly even can't even be arsed to sell you parts because the car is too old and they don't want to search.

RobScott
8 hours ago, Gohn said:

RobScott

Hi I gave my local dealer a call and they think they can provide the code from the serial number and will charge £26 for it. So this is the route I’m probably going to take. It is not the original unit for the car so the serial number and vin won’t match, I hope that’s not going to be a problem.

Gohn
3 hours ago, Thijs_Rallye said:

yeah nah, same here Thijs

I try not to mention 205, just check part numbers

£26 sounds like extortion to read out a code over the phone

feel bad that I suggested it

RobScott

Yes £26 does seem like a lot. I might try entering different codes in sequence first if I get bored one day :-)

Thijs_Rallye
On 1/26/2022 at 10:35 AM, Gohn said:

feel bad that I suggested it 

Don't be sorry mate :D, no need to. 

@RobScott If you decide to try the pad reconfiguration make sure your board looks identical to the one in the pictures.

RobScott

Thanks, to be honest I’m more likely to just pay Peugeot for the code, I’m not too keen on the idea of opening it up and trying to do this.