• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

ScoobyJawa

Looks like the Grand Tour are going to trash a 205 GTi!

ScoobyJawa

pug_ham

Not just a 205 GTI, a Renaultsport Clio & Megane too!!

I could have used that dash binnacle!!

g

ALEX

The French have been building poor quality unreliable cars for years now, I think this will be highlighting this point.

I used to be defensive of my little French Peugeot at one point, until I tried Japanese & German. Hell even my MK3 Astra GSI was more reliable and cheaper to repair than the Peugeots and Citroen we had.

French car manufactures have brought this on themselves with the crappy business model they've been playing now for a long time.

i.e. build cheap disposable cars that last just past warranty then make money on stupidly priced spares. I hope this episode is a kick in the nuts for them! (Not bitter much forking out a fortune on s*itty French components over the years LOL) 

It's come to the point now though that the labour cost have risen so much it's less cost effective to repair a cheap car. 

I have noticed there is fewer French cars on the road now. And my bet is because of this.