• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jerrytug

205 seatbelt renewal Q's

jerrytug

Hi my 205 needs a new driver's seatbelt and I have ordered one. My question is, can I just undo the bolts from inside the car?

Or do you need to get under the car? 

thanks if you have done this job.

Tom Fenton

All is done from inside the car

• Thanks 1

Richard309Sri XU5JA 205GTi

agreed - all from inside 

good info. with pictures found in article:-  

"2) Front belts: remove top pivot point first, remove the bolt cover and undo the bolt.The main retractor can now be removed, this is held in by one bolt to the side of the car. undo and remove belt."

On the 309 there is a z bracket on the bottom of the reel but not 205 it seems so the 205 seems easier -

205 there is just the fabric loop at the end connection to the body at the floor level - connected using a bar bolted to the sill. so after doing shoulder level bolt, just undo sill level bolt "unthread" old one "re thread" new one and then re bolt, then reconnect shoulder bolt.  

Yes undo bottom bolt from inside as per pictures in the article - might need to push seats right forward. 

SRDT

The bolts aren't metric and some have low profile heads so it can be challenging if you don't have the right spanner.

welshpug

metric head but 7/16-20 threads.

SRDT

On my car 16 won't fit but 17 is a bit loose so it's easy to end up with a rounded head.