• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richard309Sri XU5JA 205GTi

19mm bendix type master cylinder seals replacement

Richard309Sri XU5JA 205GTi

I have collected 3 old 19mm bendix style master cylinders 

does anyone know where I could get replacement seals separately? 

I know there is Frenkit 119016 which is correct for these cylinders but that also means wasting money on other parts 

in these kits which I don't think I need like the circlip and the big seals for the reservoir which seems to be perfectly 

ok.

also this one got a little water in should have been more careful little bit rust

is there a cheap small diameter hone for MC anyone knows about? 

or just wrap a long drill bit etc? with brake cleaner on should clean out nice? 

I guess also there is the performance and reliability issues most important just have three of them 

seems shame to bin three of these outright 

without asking anyway 

any advice appreciated 

20211014_154334[1].jpg

20211014_154341[1].jpg

20211014_154349[1].jpg

DamirGTI

To be honest , best to buy complete new master cylinder ... they're still available and really not expensive/pricey .

And having/fitting an new one now , it'll be looong time till you'll need it again (probably +20 years ahead .. if not longer if you change the brake fluid on a 2 year basis)

Used to rebuild them MC in the past , but haven't done one for quite a while .. nowadays , for newer makes/models usually new MC it's the only option , no repair kits anymore like in the old days .

Aside from the seals , need to consider the rust damaged/pitted cylinder bore ... if the rust got into the insides , forget about it .

Might rebuild one as an spare , but i really wouldn't want to drive with one other than new .. it's really important braking component , thus not worth the risk for a few quids worth new MC .

D

Edited by DamirGTI
  • Like 1