• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Thehud

Exhaust Upgrades / Standard Look

Thehud

Hi All,

Apart from going down the custom made route. Does anyone know of an off the shelf exhaust that keeps the standard look?

im fairly happy with the standard pipe but a bit more depth would make me happier, on occasions I feel the stock pipe sounds tinny.

was tempted by the Milltek Classic, as shown in the image and they sound good too (not too noisy) from what I can watch online,  but, open to ideas and more than happy to be convinced to keep it original too :-) 

5A3F02B2-14D9-4926-A606-939A61095C74.jpeg

Edited by Thehud

petert

Keep it 2.25" maximum, with rear centre offset muffler and a 12" torpedo style resonator under the handbrake lever area. If still too noisy for you, change the tailpipe to 2".

Edited by petert

Type-R

AFAIK the Milltek's lose the split in the downpipe. Not good.

Thehud
On 10/12/2021 at 3:20 AM, petert said:

Keep it 2.25" maximum, with rear centre offset muffler and a 12" torpedo style resonator under the handbrake lever area. If still too noisy for you, change the tailpipe to 2".

Thanks for the note back 

Thehud
On 10/12/2021 at 8:12 PM, Type-R said:

AFAIK the Milltek's lose the split in the downpipe. Not good.

I’ve heard it makes minimal to little  difference. Would be good to see some science / stats  

pug_ham
17 hours ago, Thehud said:

I’ve heard it makes minimal to little  difference. Would be good to see some science / stats  

It does make a difference, loosing the split turns the manifold from a good 4-2-1 design into a very short 4-1.

g

• Like 1

Thehud
9 hours ago, pug_ham said:

It does make a difference, loosing the split turns the manifold from a good 4-2-1 design into a very short 4-1.

g

Thanks for your comment. 

In terms of performance, standard Vs the Milltek. What difference are we actually talking?

cheers