• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Moby

Extra power

Moby

Hi all,

im looking for some advice , thinking of upgrading my engine. Atm it’s a 205 1.9 Mi16 with magnex exhaust and a k&n filter. Not sure on what next to go for ie :

compression/camshaft/throttle bodies, how much cost am I looking at ? I’m no mechanic probably have to get someone experienced to do it. 
thanx in advance. 

petert

I'd do the throttle bodies and aftermarket ECU. It's an instant increase across the range and enables you to tune camshaft and compression changes later.

Moby

Please Can anyone advise on which throttle bodies to go for and who’s my guy to go with ? And costs ? 
cheers 

Porter87

Jenvey throttle bodies all in will set you back around £2,500 - £3,000 inc mapping and ECU. I have these on my gti6 engined 205.  

welshpug

satchell engineering do a really nice and proven kit, better than the jenvey inlet

Moby

Nice 1 guys. I knew Jenvey were not cheap but that expensive I never thought. I’ll look into the satchell. Any idea how much that set up would cost ? 

On 10/5/2021 at 5:55 PM, welshpug said:

satchell engineering do a really nice and proven kit, better than the jenvey inlet

Type-R

You can get Omex bodies and ECU for 2 grand, but you still need to add tuning. I think the Omex bodies are the nicest ones out there personally.

welshpug

omex are the same as jenvey, still a similarly compromised inlet manifold.

get the satchell one.

Type-R

Omex are better build quality IMO

Moby

Omex sounds like the one with more votes. Now it’s about running it past the boss. lol. 

welshpug
2 hours ago, Moby said:

Omex sounds like the one with more votes. Now it’s about running it past the boss. lol. 

how is that?  one vote :lol:

wont make the torque and power of the Satchell setup, I doubt you will see any difference in build quality.