• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Nic G

Door window seals

Nic G

Hi all!

I got some new window seals for the doors and I’ve just tried to remove the old ones, but they seem to be stuck!

I’ve wound the window down to make it easier, but I can only lift them up slightly at either end. 

I don’t want to damage anything by forcing them, but are there any clips, would they be glued on, or do I just need to pull them harder?

cheers!

Nic

Nic G

Right, I might have partially answered my own question…….

I can see some clips holding the seal, is it possible to change the seal from the top, or do I need to remove the door cards?

Nic

sp_en_ny

I have a CTI not GTI and that has metal clips that the rubber pushes down into, I would imagine they will be the same/similar design. You might need to give it a bit of a tug but should not need that much, If you are it sounds like someone may have stuck them down to help remedy the fact they had shrunk. I have never had to take the door card of on mine but as I say it is a CTI not GTI.