• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

woodymi16

Brake cooling

woodymi16

So at the end of a full on track day at Oulton Park Monday the pug started juddering under braking which I ignored as it went away after a couple of applications, probably not the brightest decision I’ve ever made

F6D0D99F-DAE1-49C8-946C-10881794CB1F.thumb.jpeg.33f5f94d9c4a674f72bfab03b8e81d88.jpeg

now my question is, I have cooling ducts exiting on to the inside of the disc but none going on to the outside, is this difference in cooling causing the disc to crack as there are no signs of fatigue at all on the inside.

To keep some perspective, the discs are three years old, so I’ve had good use out of them but just asking for constructive opinion based on other people’s experience.

The discs are 283mm with CL pads and AP four pot callipers. The car has a high boost Rotrex conversion.

welshpug

the vanes are on the inside, so it would be pointless directing air at the outside if it were possible.

do you have a tube and a duct on the wishbone itself or just a hole in the valence?