• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
I'm-no-mechanic

Faulty full beam and indicator on opposite sides

I'm-no-mechanic

I've been hunting around the site for the last hour or more but can't find an answer. Hoping someone can help please.

My 1998 205 Generation 1.4 LHD has been off the road 18 months as we weren't using it during covid. I had an mot Jan 2020 and only used the car for about 2 months before it was sorn. At the mot the garage in their wisdom took apart my headlights to clean them, they then resealed the lenses but very poorly and one of them flew off on the motorway during that first couple of weeks

Anyway, given they were lhd lenses I took the opportunity to replace them, and as I have a 1985 GR for spares I have taken the light units from that car, cleaned them up, resealed them properly and installed them. However I'm now not sure if this was the right thing to so as the lights now aren't working correctly.

The lights work on side lights and full but when I put the beam on the right side light doesn't go full beam, it actually goes dim. In addition the left indicator is now not working correctly, it is rapid, which I know is usually a need for a new relay, but I'm unsure if it's related to this issue?

I'm also unsure if it's relevant, but the headlights I installed from my 1985 205 had a narrower opening for the bulb and I couldn't actually get the bulbs that were in my 1998 car in so have used the bulbs from the 1985.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated. Thanks for taking the time, Pete 

I'm-no-mechanic

Fingers crossed that's the faults fixed!

And fingers crossed for the mot tomorrow and a return to having a 205 back on the road :)

• Like 1

Richard309Sri XU5JA 205GTi

did you pass?

hope it got through ok :) 

I'm-no-mechanic
On 9/8/2021 at 10:41 AM, Richard309Sri XU5JA 205GTi said:

did you pass?

hope it got through ok :) 

Eventually! Thanks @Richard309Sri XU5JA 205GTi. Yes, I think I've had pretty much the whole braking system replaced which wasn't cheap, but she is now back on the road and I'm very much enjoying it! 

20210909_160404.jpg

• Like 1