• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Apitiser

what 8v Carb or ITb intake manifold clears PS and alt?

Apitiser

Hi, I have recently rebuilt my xu5 to replace the original one in my 205. It's a standard bottom end xu5m but the head has had a decent sized skim, new cam, thinner cometic head gasket and ports cleaned up a bit.

I purchased a bogg bros manifold and r1 carbs to go with this off facebook and recently tried to test fit them since it's all back together. They wont clear my alternator. My car also has P/S so when I fit the pump and alt, there is nowhere near enough room for the carbs. they need to be angled more upward

Are the bogg bro's manifolds only for engines that don't use P/S? 
Are there any manifolds that aim more upward to clear it? If there are ITB manifolds that would I'm at the point where I will pay for jenveys or whatever if I can get it all to work.

Googling 8v bike carb sets ups or ITB set up shows lots of pics with the alternator set lower so I'm guessing most people don't run PS but surely there are some people in this community that do. 

Any insight would be helpful. thanks

I'll add a pic in the next day or so

Tom Fenton

As you now know, the PAS setup means the alternator sits high up and in the way of a custom inlet manifold.

Choices are to buy another manifold that clears, which will be difficult to find I suggest. Or your other option is move the PAS pump and alternator down. Couple of possible ways to go about this, get rid of the PAS totally, fit an electric driven hydraulic pump such as from a 106/Saxo and move the alternator down, or fit an alloy sump and mount the PAS pump off the wings on the sump intended for the AC compressor on some cars.